Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As we approach the start of the MotoGP race season, what is the biggest challenge(s) for Valentino Rossi to regain his crown as number one?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I think the biggest challenge for Rossi will be the team orders issued by Honda. Not saying that they have or will issue them, but considering the Hayden - Pedrosa crash last year things will change. He's not only racing against the other competition, but he might find himself batteling through a sea of Hondas. But then again, if he stays in front of the Honda's all will be good.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Well, after the first race and the surprise from Stoner, I believe the Ducati's have there best chance this year, although I still believe it will be rather Capirossi than Stoner that will be the biggest challenge for Rossi.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Well, after the first race and the surprise from Stoner, I believe the Ducati's have there best chance this year, although I still believe it will be rather Capirossi than Stoner that will be the biggest challenge for Rossi.
Oh Yes without a doubt Stoner had a very impressive race, but you have to ask yourself, was it Stoner, or was it the Ducati on the track that was built for speed. Like Rossi said, the Duc was just to strong on the strait-a-way and all he could do was follow. Once the technical tracks come in to play, I think Rossi, Pedrosa and Hayden will be the ones to catch. And not to leave out Melandri, he should have a good year as well.

·
Registered
92 Posts
The Duc's were strong all last season too, you just didn't notice as much with Capirossi sidelined much of the season with injuries. Rossi's biggest threat this season will come from himself. There is no way to explain the focus and concentration needed to be there week end and week out, developing a new 800cc package, new tires and the success he has had could very well make him a touch lazy. 7 World Championships can satisfy even the most win hungry of riders and there is no shortage of riders in the opposition willing to train themselves into a frenzy and throw themselves down the track in an instant if it helps them to the top of the heap!

So in a nutshell my Rossi question is: Will he stay hungry?

·
Registered
266 Posts
After watching Qatar, the focus will need to be Yami engineers to squeeze more juice out of that machine for straights. I mean the Yami doesnt have to be AS fast as the Ducs, but it shouldn't be getting passed like he was standing still (which is what it looked like on the straights). Obviously, technically speaking, I still think Rossi is in a league of his own with regard to personal skill (but this is really a well known fact and doesn't bring anything new to the table).

So, yeah, a tad more power from the Yami team.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well, after the first race and the surprise from Stoner, I believe the Ducati's have there best chance this year...
there are three or four tracks i can think of off the top of my head where the Ducati will have clear advantage.

the Yamaha is very good on the brakes and it's very good and get into a corner hard.

·
Registered
95 Posts
So in a nutshell my Rossi question is: Will he stay hungry?
Will Rossi stay hungry? I think so, and especially after Hayden snacthed the steak off his plate. Last year was a very bad loss for Rossi, but only because he lost the championship to a lot of techincal faults ( chunked tire, blown engine, front end chatter, bad chasis). I think Rossi is starving and he wants the next two years to be his best.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts