Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why the hell am I always missing that shift? Sometimes I'm on point and everything shifts like it should but the other times something isn't responding properly. My only problem seems to be between upshifting between 2nd and 3rd.

·
Registered
75 Posts
im using regular kawi oil im having issues from first to second as well...what kind of oil would you recommend?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I would try one of the other pricey "high end" synthetics (such as Repsol) to see if it makes a difference. If the prob goes away then you know that maybe the Kwak stuff isn't good enough (I've never used Kawi oil so I have no reference point).

If not then you may wanna take it to your the stealership or your favorite dependable and realiable mechanic (does such a mythical creature exist?).

·
Registered
75 Posts
If not then you may wanna take it to your the stealership or your favorite dependable and realiable mechanic (does such a mythical creature exist?).
no hell no...there is no such thing unless you're related to the mechanic...even then chances are he's sketchy

·
Registered
19 Posts
no hell no...there is no such thing unless you're related to the mechanic...even then chances are he's sketchy
haha yeah no shit, thats why i became one in the first place. i quit that shit to be a machinist though...

my work is very reliable. getting me to come and do it however, not so easy. too busy with my own shit always. once people figure out you know what youre doing, all anyone ever wants is advice on what to do with their stupid cars

·
Registered
101 Posts
mine happens from 1st through neutral to 2nd. it gets stuck in neutral sometimes. mine's 07 6r...and yours?
Doesn't get stuck in neutral as such but doesn't always go straight into second requiring a swift second attempt but fine 99% of the time. Also had an issue a couple of times coming down the box fast from say 4th when it hits a false neutral going down to 1st. Neutral light doesn't come on but no gear displayed in the indicator and a partial release of the clutch (plus a few revs) re-engages 2nd. Has proved to me that the bike will pull away happily enough in 2nd though :lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2007 zzr600 with 4800mi. I had the same problem going to third. The dealership opened it up and said there was a manufacture defect and replaced all parts inside the tranny. They wouldn't tell me exactly what was wrong other than manufacture defect. Hope this helps.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts