• 94 +

Votes: 3 9.4%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I search and found nothing
i always put 91 since the previous owner told me to, but i haven't been told if it makes a difference or if regular 87 is fine for the ZX-6R

what do you guys use?

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Really? Use 91 + only in the bikes. It makes it feel and run better.

Not all places have 94+

·
Forum Leaders
19,944 Posts
The bikes manual will say 91 octane. Put in 91 octane.

If you want to know why search google and or this forum, this is one of those over discussed topics...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i figured it would be a high topic,
i looked at my manual (well the online one i found) and couldn't find it.
I searched the forum and nothing came up, even when searching for 'gas' showed no results so figured the search wasn't working.
If you say that our manual says 91, then case close,
thanks & sorry

·
Registered
9,979 Posts
The bikes manual will say 91 octane. Put in 91 octane.

If you want to know why search google and or this forum, this is one of those over discussed topics...
<Like on ZXF here>

But it's always good to see people questioning stuff, whether they should or shouldn't do or use this or that.

Finding an answer from an opinion poll however, will just show how popular various alternatives are and as a fallacy ad populum shouldn't be construed as accurately portraying a right or wrong answer.

·
Premium Member
8,388 Posts
I always get minimum 91. I know all the Sunoco stations around here have 93 but that's the only place that does

·
16,062 Posts
I search and found nothing
i always put 91 since the previous owner told me to, but i haven't been told if it makes a difference or if regular 87 is fine for the ZX-6R

what do you guys use?
You can use 87 if you live in the mountains, where the atmosphere is thinner.
I don't recommend using 87 in Ottawa. You run the risk of predetonation.
Just stick with the 91.
Do a google search on "how octane works" and "predetonation in a combustion engine".

·
Registered
320 Posts
Yea I use 92-93 all the time now matter what. Can u get away with 87 sure you can. But it's what 8 cents difference for what the manufacture says to use. Ur talkn about what 75 cents more for a full tank lol. You wouldn't put reg automobile oil in ur bike vs motorcycle oil would you? You could prob get away with auto oil ( specially to limp it home) but why would you.

·
Premium Member
3,675 Posts
I am using 91.

ZX9R next best thing to Sex.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have always used premium in my bikes, a couple of times I didn't have my brain working and accidently grabbed the wrong one, it was fine, but I don't want to do that lol

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts