Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
MJS headers on the way!

well guys, I just went ahead and ordered a set of MJS headers:crazyloco. My question is: how hard will it be to swap out the old headers for the new ones? I currently have a scorpion slip on and a PC5 on it's way; what do you guys think I should be expecting as far as performance gains and sound(volume wise)? Oh yeah, K&N filter too!!

·
Registered
676 Posts
shouldnt be too hard if you are a little mechanically inclined. getting the plastics off is the hardest part. as for gains, i dunno. not a whole lot simply because they are stock headers with the cat removed. it will help, but it wont gain as much as a full blown header. the pipe diameter is just too small for really good flow, plus it was designed to flow best with the cat, so changing the system changes everything about the dynamics of the exhaust flow.

i think a buddy of mine, who ran Pinebox headers for a while, got up to 108-110 hp? cant remember exactly. he said the tone was really raspy and loud, so youll probably enjoy that (i do LOL).

just remember to get new gaskets, you dont want to reuse the old ones. theyre copper i believe and since they seal because they are crushed up against the head, theyre done after one application. good luck and post pics/vids or whatever!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts