Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what gear do you guys wear when you go for a ride? I wear a Kbc Force RR helmet , Joe rocket jacket the mesh one, and Joe Rocket gloves. Does anybody ever get tired of like riding with all there gear? Sometimes I just want to ride with a t-shirt jeans and some sunglasses. I know its stupid to ride with out all the stuff on but I enjoy my ride more I feel more comfortable. Theres only been like two times that I've ridden with sunglasses but I always wear my helmet and gloves.I like wearing my helmet and gloves I feel safe but the jacket just feels heavy and I don't care if you remove the lining on the inside I still burn up when I'm wearing the jacket. I was on sportbikez.net and they made it seem like the world is gonna end if you dont ride with a whole leather suit and glove and everything I dont care what your wearing if your going fast enough and crash or get hit thats not gonna save you unless it explodes into a huge bubble that surrounds u like a airbag some James Bond type shit hahahahaha

·
Registered
144 Posts
i have an Icon Domain helmet, icon gloves and a Wilson's Leather jacket. If i'm riding w/ buddies i'll usually suit up. if i'm just going to work or know i won't be riding anything out of the ordinary i too sometimes like to just wear my riding glasses. They have that sponge around the lenses that helps keep the wind out so your eyes don't get as watery. I ALWAYS wear my gloves though, lol

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Finally somebody else who likes to cruise around once in awhile with some sunglasses and yeah I always wear the gloves they wont save my life but no blisters and they make me feel cool hahaha. I see a bunch of people ride around with nothing but shades especially harley guys at least in Chicago. But it seems everybody I meet at the motorcycle shops and online thinks I'm nuts and have a death wish if I'm not fully suited up and helmet and gloves

·
Registered
11 Posts
Shoei RF-1000 helmet, ICON Daytona Lether jacket, Icon Timax TRX gloves. I wear all my gear all the time. Gonna get a mesh jacket soon for summer though, and some boots.:smile

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
In town - HJC Helmet, Rhyno Carbon Fibre Gloves, Sidi B2 boots, and a Kawi Textile jacket

Potential for longer rides - all the above but flip the textile for the Joe Rocket Leather Jacket

Carving Highways, Higher Speed, and Ramps - all the above and zip in the pants.

We have helmet laws here... am I mistaken in thinking that you guys can ride w/o helmets?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Nolan mx-1 head gear, Iicon neo-daytona jacket, Iicon field armor boots, Tec violator gloves, thong undies! j/k about the gear! he he~

·
Registered
8 Posts
depends on the ride. kbc helmet, shift gloves, arlen mesh jacket (warm weather) power trip leather jacket (cool weather), technic boots.

for spirited rides a technic leather one piece (in my pic).

here in hawaii all of the crusier guys NEVER wear gear (and die often). half of the sport riders do.. for me im always protected. crash hard just one time and you will wear gear just to ride in your drive way.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Icon mainframe helmet, Icon Super Duty 2 boots, Joe Rocket meshjacket, Joe rocket gloves, if it's cold my Shift leather jacket.... and yes, I always wear this stuff! Believe it or not I'm looking for some good riding pants too.....

·
Registered
67 Posts
Well I am rolling HJC cs-12 helmet which will soon be replaced by a Icon Hooligan mainframe helmet. Icon Accelerant jacket leather. Depending on the temperature its either some snap on mechanics gloves or Icon merc gloves long. I just got a pair of BMW riding pants. they were free so dont flame me, but they are really nice like dark grey/black jeans that wont burn through and have kneepads and extra cushion. very nice....

·
Registered
117 Posts
I would advise wear the gear, you'll get used to it.

When I was a 'kid' I would drive around many mornings with no helmet to give my hair the cool wind blown look. Now I wouldn't leave my driveway without a helmet and would feel naked without a leather jacket.

I think you'll find the guys with the most experience wear the most gear.

It only took me one 6 inch patch of road rash on my arm to convince me.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Pennsylvania dropped their helmet law about 2 years ago. I live next to norristown, which is a huge Harley town, nobody wears a helmet but the few sportbike guys. I usually wear a helmet (old HJC), atleast to keep the wind out of my eyes and ears and bugs out of my mouth. I'm always debating whether a helmet, in a major crash would save my life, save my life and put me in a wheelchair with a colostomy bag, or kill me anyway. I really need gloves. And I have an old leather biker jacket. I tell new riders all the time the importance of tight fitting, preferably padded leather clothes. Loose clothes at highway speeds can rip you right off the bike. (or atleast feel like it)

·
Registered
264 Posts
I have a HJC Axis and a Icon Subhuman (helmets). A pair of Nitro boots. A textile and a leather jacket along with gloves (highsides) all Joe Rocket. When it comes to gear I have the opinion that I would rather sweat than bleed.:tard

·
Registered
144 Posts
yeah, no helmet law here in CT either.
and i deff understand about if you get into an accident the more gear the better

but sometimes, i want to feel the way it was meant to feel when riding a bike. Free!

for the most part though, i am suited up..... i just enjoy my occassional lidless ride

·
Registered
117 Posts
I got a shoei helmet, kawi gloves, kawi 2 pc suit, and joe rocket boots.

I learned my lesson from my last accident and it was a blessing that i walked away with only part of my ass road rash. After that i always going to suit it up. Unless i'm just going around the corner or just cruising i'll just wear my jacket and gloves.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts