Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im only getting around 28 with my 03 zx6r, i thought it would be more. i cleaned the air filter but dont really have time to do anything else. any sugestions?

thanks
matt

·
Registered
31 Posts
im only getting around 28 with my 03 zx6r, i thought it would be more. i cleaned the air filter but dont really have time to do anything else. any sugestions?

thanks
matt
Mine is an '05, I get 175 miles before the fuel light comes on!!! I could probably go another 20 or more miles after that.... I think my tank is 3.9 gallons...maybe 4.1, I don't remember. My bf's 10 goes to about 140 before the light comes on...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wow 175 would be great, im changing out the front sprocket to a bigger one and some other stuff this week, hopefully that will help

·
Registered
17 Posts
i get around 120 by the time the light comes on. i pump gas almost immediately after the light comes on and its usually filled with a little more than 3gal each visit to the pump. so i guess around 40mpg

·
Registered
234 Posts
Mine is an '05, I get 175 miles before the fuel light comes on!!! I could probably go another 20 or more miles after that.... I think my tank is 3.9 gallons...maybe 4.1, I don't remember. My bf's 10 goes to about 140 before the light comes on...
You have a 4.5 gallon tank same as my 07. 175 miles before the light comes on, that's nuts, unless you're exclusively highway miles.

The light on the 07s come on when there is approximately 0.9 gal in the tank. In town this is usually 100-120 miles (~30-35mpg). On the highway I get in the upper 40s.

·
Registered
31 Posts
You have a 4.5 gallon tank same as my 07. 175 miles before the light comes on, that's nuts, unless you're exclusively highway miles.

The light on the 07s come on when there is approximately 0.9 gal in the tank. In town this is usually 100-120 miles (~30-35mpg). On the highway I get in the upper 40s.
Today when my light came on it was at 155. Some hiway, some around town...usually more around town than highway, but I am a chic, so I'm sure I keep out of the throttle more than most of you guys...

·
Registered
5 Posts
shit, I just hit 28 with my 03 636. I have been getting right around 30 on average over the last 4 tanks. It feels like this is a bit low for a 6, any thoughts?

And I do ride it hard fairly regularly but the excursions above 10K are fairly rare, just for reference

·
Registered
31 Posts

Apparently not, if I go 175 miles, and pump 4 gallons that's 43.75 mpg....and that's crazy??? you're saying you get upper 40's? How am I insane?

·
Registered
41 Posts
My fuel gauge broke last summer so I've really started paying attention to my odometer. I have a '94 zx6, completely stock as far as motor and exhaust go, and i get 250km before I start chugging and have to switch to reserve tank, then I have about another 50km before I'm totally empty. I ride it mostly highway going a steady 130-150km/hr. I'd love to be able to get better mileage, seeing as it takes me 170km to get to work and back,so I basicly have to fill up every day.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts