Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For both now and the future...what kind of feature(s) would you like to see on motorcycles??

·
Registered
330 Posts
Redesign stock rear ends on most sport bikes and stop putting that mud-flap on them :banghead Add some sort of stealth radar detector unit (I know; they're illegal in most places).

·
Registered
683 Posts
I'd kinda like a stereo and some little speakers in the fairing.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Heated bar handles, both seats, and stock security/alarm systems...

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'd like to see them lose as much weight as possible, but no more shrinking size. The 10R is the perfect size IMHO. Better brakes, maybe ABS! V5 200 HP.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I'd kinda like a stereo and some little speakers in the fairing.

like that don'cha!

I personally feel that goes against the whole purpose of sportsbikes. Goldwings have stereos, not Ninja's!!!

Seconding the lighter weight here, loving the power increases!:rofl

·
Registered
532 Posts
+1 on the Radar detectors

+1 on the lighter weight

+1 on the tyres to last longer - but without losing grip - more grip

·
Registered
208 Posts
More horsepower, of course always!!:crazyloco

Larger gas tank for longer cruising range. My '01 ZX11 has a 6.3 gallon tank including reserve. When the fuel gauge hits empty, then reserve begins (1.7 gallons), it's a perfect system that way actually, no idiots lights. A 7 or 8 gallon tank with the same system as on my '01 ZX would be perfect.

Built-in turn signals front & rear, just like on the '01 ZX11.

Nice little locking glove compartment, yeah, just like on the ZX11, but a little bit bigger would be nice.

Comfy seat.

Perfect retractable folding bungie hooks for the rear seat, yeah, just like on the ZX11.

Mirrors that give a perfect view with rider aboard, but don't vibrate (gotta see clearly what's behind you, just like modern cars do!).

Dash gauge/readout for current tire pressure (Doesn't the new GTR 1400 have something like this?).

Easy maintenance.

LONG LASTING AND RELIABLE.

Excellent suspension.

Killer styling.

Not necessarily lighter weight. When it gets really windy out on the open road, the perfect weight of my '01 ZX11 makes it much more stable, safe and easy to ride in those windy areas. I've ridden lighter bikes, wind blows them around more easily. ZX11 isn't really heavy at all once it gets rolling, very flickable.

Accessory wires/jacks for electric vest, cell charger, GPS, cigarette/cigar lighter, maybe even a little detatchable stereo somewhere in the dash-as long as it really works great.

Beefed up charging system capable of handling all of the above at once during idle. Yeah, since I forgot to mention the onboard air compressor with retractable hose!

210 or 220 rear tires with 130, 140 or 150 front tire.

Screw Big Oil, always get excellent mileage. They're screwing us every day, so why cower to them :eek:hno with shitty mileage in the 30's, just to brown nose them? :banghead WTF? Afraid George W. Bush is gonna walk up to you? He's an old, thin weakling, PeeWee Herman could kick his @ss.

Innovate. Innovate. And do it right the first time, really well in fact.

The Coates Spherical Rotary Valve Engine is the most advanced in the world. A conventional piston engine ignites the fuel and air mixture in the combustion cycle and evacuates the gas by-products in the exhaust cycle. These cycles occur thousands of times per minute per cylinder. Through the rotation of the camshaft, a spring-loaded poppet valve opens to enable the fuel and air mixture to enter the firing chamber during the induction stroke. The camshaft then closes the intake valve during the compression and combustion stroke of the cylinder and opens a second spring-loaded valve to vent the cylinder after ignition. These gases then enter the exhaust manifold.

ADVATAGES over a conventional
Lower Emissions
Reduced Fuel Requirements
Reduced Lubrication Requirements
Increased Engine Power
Reduced Engine Noise and Vibration
Alternative Fuel Adaptability
Reduced Manufacturing Costs

This this is WAY cool, imagine what it could do in a motorcycle???
this info copied from another sportbike forum

Read more here -> http://www.coatesengine.com/technology.html

Set the standard, BE the best, and just spoil us comsumers rotten with the most awesome toys imaginable (we're talkin' motorcycles right now, okay?)

And maybe, just maybe, a free mail-order bride with every brand new bike purchased.:squint

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'd would def agree with the heated handlebars....I'd like to see less cruiser and more sportys...too many cruisers round here

·
Registered
288 Posts
gas gauge. the bike comes with some kind of device to let me know when i'm about to run out of gas. just change that flashing fuel display to a standard gas gauge display. i won't mind the extra weight.......

·
Registered
29 Posts
Redesign stock rear ends on most sport bikes and stop putting that mud-flap on them :banghead Add some sort of stealth radar detector unit (I know; they're illegal in most places).

Don't most states require them to put the back fender on. I know in MD a bike wont pass inspection without a rear fender.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The new Goldwings already have most of the things you guys listed. Heated handle bars, seats, and foot pegs and they blow the heat from the engine onto your legs. Stereo, GPS, reverse, and air bags!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts