Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every machine has its pro's and con's, but it is very hard not to defend something that you have invested a lot of money and time into, because we have to justify our decisions and actions not just to others, but to ourselves.

Every time I talk to a fellow rider, I always ask them how do they like their motorcycle? I always follow up asking if there is anything they do not like about it. It is easy for all of us to play up the things we like about our bikes, yet there is typically something that is annoying, something that we think is ugly, that is less than perfect, or something we just dont like about our motorcycle.

So, I ask you, what do you not like about your motorcycle?

·
Premium Member
4,290 Posts
she is old and battle scared..... sides that, nup

·
Registered
60 Posts
The ZX-10r sidestand. There's another thread on this in the forum.

Here's an example...A couple days ago, while my bike was on the stand with the front wheel turned full left, I turned the front wheel full right, and the movement of the bike turned the sidestand virtually full vertical.

I'm afraid that the bike coming off the stand, due to a fickle design flaw, is going to be my first bike damage. I even leave my bike parked in gear when I'm concerned about the levelness of the surface.

·
Registered
582 Posts
ZX6R '06: Not being able to easily see directly behind. I have to look under an arm whereas the '99 G2 had wider mirror positions.

gammac

·
Registered
60 Posts
Ditto on that gammac!

A couple weeks ago I was stopped, waiting for traffic to clear to make a left turn when I heard squalling tires behind me. I had no idea where the squalling was coming from, as I was near congested traffic.

I lifted the clutch to start rolling, just in case the activity was right behind me. Fortunately I did, which gave the truck room to maneuver to a stop immediately to my right, half on, half off the road.

BTW... Any of you have any comments on that AnT rear view camera made especially for motorcycles. Someone may want to start a new thread on that topic.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I havnt looked into it much but for the ZX6R you could probably find some mirror spacers to move them out alittle more. Or have some made it wouldnt take much.

·
Registered
131 Posts
It dosent' work well in the snow.....which means that I can't ride her for 5 months out of the year.....other than that, nothing, it's THE most perfect bike out there :crazyloco

·
Registered
53 Posts
The suspension is a little stiff, but I'm only 11 stone. My girlfriend doesn't like going pillion bc it's not as comfy as the SV.

Ah well, I could stand to put on a bit of weight...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Must be a lot of people around who don't like lots of things about their bikes
Sheeesh, just look at the aftermarket parts business.
more power, more bling, more adjustment, more color, more comfort
Why do we change things unless we don't like the original? :headscratch

·
Premium Member
4,290 Posts
we just want better

·
Registered
184 Posts
Lack of an active fuel guage.
I know you can track fuel consumption by the odometer.
But to pay what we pay for these bikes it ought to come with all the bells and whistles!

·
Registered
134 Posts
I remember when Kawasaki had the fuel petcock and not even a fuel low warning light. But I know what you're saying and I agree.

My only complaint is the lack of rear vision from the mirrors.

·
Registered
21 Posts
You guys should be able to ride in the snow
Just fit two outrigger skis on either side of the front wheel and fit a knobbly tire on the back.....a very big one
:rotflmao :rotflmao
PS...what is.....snow?????

·
Premium Member
4,290 Posts
apparently some kind of drug......

·
Registered
67 Posts
Well teh stock things I dont like are the rear tray Lack of fuel gauge, i have run out 3 times already and not being able to see behind me. I also wish i had a oil pressure gauge because I like to know whats going on there. But what can you do. I still love it to pieces and want to be on it all the time anyway...

and blow is the drug snow is why northern bikers do blow all winter

·
Registered
330 Posts
Lack of storage space is sometimes an issue (like there's none:scared )
Then again, if it was that big a deal, I would have bought a cruiser.

Oh ya and +1 on sightline with the mirrors & fuel gauge. All minor things compared to how it feels when you ride it though:crazyloco

1 - 20 of 33 Posts