Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to riding and I just bought a '07 black ZX6R on Friday with 0 miles and what do you guys/gals do to keep cool. I had my helmet, jacket and gloves on and when I was doing riding for the first time ever on Friday and took my gear off I was soaked that's how hot I was. I don't want to take my jacket off cause I'm a new rider. What do you riders do. Thanks

·
Registered
188 Posts
get a mesh jacket with armor for hot weather riding, make sure you have a helmet that flows good air and wear mesh gloves, dont be a squidiot and wear a t-shirt

·
Registered
443 Posts
I check the weather first before trying to ride. If the forecast is going be upper 90s with high humidity, then I try to avoid riding during peak high temps time like around 12:00 PM till around 5:00 PM or 6:00 PM.

I like to ride as much I can but there comes a point when its just plain to fuck!ng hot too ride and it becomes dangerous if you force yourself on it. If the weather is not cooperating...take a car :smile

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would try to make your route to your destination require the least amount of stopping and slow speeds. I ride my MX bike with full gear on in 90 degree weather all the time and he only time I feel hot is if I stop moving.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a mesh jacket with leather gloves and I'm a new rider so I haven't been riding far. I have been riding mostly late in the day like 6-7pm but just still so hot. My bike is also like 220 degrees so I know that's not a big help but I'll learn to deal with it. Thanks and be safe out there.

·
Registered
64 Posts
i wear football (soccer) jerseys umder my jacket. They dry off fast as hell while cotton t-shirts have you looking (and feeling) like a wet dog

·
Registered
526 Posts
I try to ride mostly at night, but if it comes down to it and I have to ride in the heat, I have a freezer shelf in my garage dedicated soley to my gear for this purpose. Before I go I try to spend sometime in the heat that way I doesn't come as much of a surprise when I put it on. I usually dampen it with a spray bottle, because once the frost melts, the moisture will keep you cool and dry off on it's own. Put some anti-fog on the helmet, or lift it up with some sunglasses. If you don't wanna go that extreme, then just spray some water on it. But try not to do it if it's leather.

·
Registered
567 Posts
"motoboss" makes a cooling vest that i use.
works really well.
it soaks in water and absorbs water. then when riding the wind cools the vest.
kinda like those slick pants. or what alot of sleeping bags are made out of.

works though

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I drink a beer or a wet willie's frozen drink to keep myself cool :nana

·
Registered
13 Posts
we've started wetting t-shirts then ringing them out so they are damp. you put that on underneath your jacket and leave about a 5-10cm gap (4 inches?) open at the top of your jacket to let the air in.

That works and depending on the temperature and your average speed, you can get 1 - 1.5 hours cooling before you start to heat up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts