Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
zx7r

well i couldn't leave this section empty so what do you guys think of you 750?

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I loved my first motorcycle, a 1990 Ninja 750R. That was back when Mama K was putting the cool Japanese writing on the bottom part of the fairings. I wish they still did that (the Busa still has Japanese character writing).

It was a great motorcycle, ran rock solid. The only mechanical issue I ever had was a $250 I had to spend to flush the carbs out, but that was because the BP gas station was pumping more water than fuel when I filled up one day.

I loved that bike. I'd like to get another one someday, a nice one that is still in stock trim.

·
Registered
81 Posts
ZX7R Questions?

Im wanting to buy a 97 ZX7R with 20k miles.
What are somethings I should watch for with this bike?
Any problem areas?

Does anyone still build performance stuff, for this bike?

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
james1300 said:
Im wanting to buy a 97 ZX7R with 20k miles.
What are somethings I should watch for with this bike?
Any problem areas?

Does anyone still build performance stuff, for this bike?
There is a ton of aftermarket parts of that year ZX-7R, simply because the model run went so long without too much of any generation change.

I would look for documentation showing frequent oil changes and schedule valve inspection/adjustments. Other than that, just look at the condition of all wear items like the chain, sprockets, etc.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
There is only one word for the ZX-7R.... BULLETPROOF.

My 2000 was amazing. Handled like a dream, and saved my butt more than enough times when I was going into a corner too hot and thought "There ain't no way that I'm making this one!!"

My bikes reply was "You're not going down on my watch, I'll get you through this!!"

And it did everytime!!

It truly is one of the most impressive handling bikes that I've been on.

The only complaint is the weight. I looked for years but couldn't figure out where they stored the anchor on it! LOL

If you wanna take a look at my 7, here is a link:

http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/3993/ZX7R.html

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have an 02 7R,,, The bike is badass! If you want to be different from every other dude out there on a bike. (R6, GSXR, etc..) Its the bike for you. I love mine. As said above, its a tad heavy,, but the PROS, deffinetly outweigh the CONS. And actually, I don't really think the weight is a CON. Yeah, so its heavier, which means takes more to get going,, but its a 750,, its got the power, and the weight helps you slam corners. 7R you can't go wrong!

·
Registered
130 Posts
2002ZX7R said:
I have an 02 7R,,, The bike is badass! If you want to be different from every other dude out there on a bike. (R6, GSXR, etc..) Its the bike for you. I love mine. As said above, its a tad heavy,, but the PROS, deffinetly outweigh the CONS. And actually, I don't really think the weight is a CON. Yeah, so its heavier, which means takes more to get going,, but its a 750,, its got the power, and the weight helps you slam corners. 7R you can't go wrong!
especially your bike's color scheme is hotness!!! you poppin them wheelies yet? i told you before 6K-8K remember but I find myself around 10K rpms to keep it up hehe. damn thing is heavy man.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Haven't pulled it up yet mge... Haven't really had the time, to take it out and find a place to practice, but as soon as I do,, will deffinetly let ya know..

·
Registered
9 Posts
i havent done wheelies on my bike yet, but i just bought a 14 tooth front sprocket, which is most likely going to be overkill and stretch the chain faster then i can say "oh shizzle" Man. its great to have a bike that isnt commonly seen. eventhough my bike is pretty ran down from previous owners f*ck ups, i get a lot of props just for riding it. Anyone here from spokane with a 96-02 ZX7R? havent seen ONE in town other than mine. Would like to communicate......

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi there, new guy here...and i have a 92 ZX7. The ZX7's are sick. Yeah, it does have the weight, but I dont reallly mind since it keeps my a$$ planted on the ground! I ride with my buddy's 06 R6 and my bros 06 GSXR 600 and i have had no problems what so ever in riding! Here are a couple of pics (seats are fixed now.....but havent had the time to update pics....too busy riding :runaway )

Picture of when i bought it....(fairings are cracked, missing baffles and end cap on exhaust, and cracked seat covers)

Semi-new pics (still doesnt show the seats...but its brand new seats now!!!)

Enjoy!

·
Registered
19 Posts
first thing i would check is the cam chain tensioner, and there are a cuople of mods you can do to the emmissions that make a big difference

·
Registered
51 Posts
I love my ZX7R! I don't mind the weight or the long wheelbase. I personally also love the styling. My friends say it looks stupid, but I think my bike looks way cooler than their stock bikes, '00 CBR 929RR and '03 YZF R6. It might not be as fast or pick up the front end as easy as the 929, but 160+ fine with me.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts