Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

2981 - 2992 of 2992 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,498 Posts
Totally rebuilt my Tokico 6 pots, master cylinder and diaphragm. Used Brakemaster brand out of UK for seal kit. Fantastic quality and decent price, highly recommend them. Rock solid lever now. Makes you realize how you can get used to the feel over time of mushy lever.
These brakes get a bad rap in my opinion. They do require regular maintenance but good brakes when looked after. I try to follow recommended maintenance for the brake components and seems to be spot on for intervals. JMHO.

·
Premium Member
2,498 Posts
Fitted a brand new Hindle exhaust with CF can on my P1. Removed a Ti Muzzy system that will now go onto my latest N1.
Fitting was a little finicky but in the end it looks great and sounds great.

·
Premium Member
1,233 Posts
17 ZX10RR,
Fork seal and oil warrenty, other fork oil changed, throttle body sync, back to oem air filter, Sprint p-16 was passing to much dust. New Radiator @Service center
ME, New chain and 41 t stealth supersprox. Weathered in , cant get to street to ride yet.

06 ZX 14,
Starting second time valve clearance check. going to the other forum to follow ROOKS guidelines again.
Also getting 43 t supersprox stealth.
Going to rebuild clutch master cylinder, Ordered rings seals from rev,
Wondering if the Brembo from later models will fit on the 06

·
Premium Member
1,233 Posts
17 ZX10RR,
Fork seal and oil warrenty, other fork oil changed, throttle body sync, back to oem air filter, Sprint p-16 was passing to much dust. New Radiator @Service center
ME, New chain and 41 t stealth supersprox. Weathered in , cant get to street to ride yet.

06 ZX 14,
Starting second time valve clearance check. going to the other forum to follow ROOKS guidelines again.
Also getting 43 t supersprox stealth.
Going to rebuild clutch master cylinder, Ordered rings seals from rev,
New MP5 rear
And FLASH RE-TUNED,, KQS Kill times

·
6,798 Posts
No. They are 100mm.

I'm a huge fan of the Ninja 1000 or H2 SX Tokiko monoblock calipers with good Vesrah pads. The calipers say Kawasaki on them. You can also get them from a 2015+ CBR1000RR, but they use a little bit different pad. They work the same though.

·
Premium Member
1,233 Posts
No. They are 100mm.

I'm a huge fan of the Ninja 1000 or H2 SX Tokiko monoblock calipers with good Vesrah pads. The calipers say Kawasaki on them. You can also get them from a 2015+ CBR1000RR, but they use a little bit different pad. They work the same though.
I was asking about the clutch slave cylinder, not sure if you were replying about that. My 14 still has the NISSAN calipers but using Braking rotors and sintered pads. Work very well.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Stared at it wistfully, right shoulder surgery..... 2 Febs ago..... finally feeling like I can trust it, (is that a fucking bicep muscle?), but now Im not sure of my physicalities...

Reactions: TaxmanHog

·
Premium Member
6,577 Posts

All clean and ready for Road America this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,288 Posts
moved it a few feet so i could sweep the floor

Reactions: TaxmanHog

·
Registered
2021 ZX6R Non-ABS
2 Posts
Swapped out the stock windscreen on my 2021 zx6r for a Puig dark smoke version. So far it serves its purpose by deflecting wind much better than the stock one, and it looks better also. Throughout this week as my items arrive via shipping, I will be installing a servo buddy, tank pads and Puig Pro frame sliders.

Last week I installed a Graves Slip-On, RAM Stem Mount, rear spools, fender eliminator and performed my 600 miles service. After I finish my installs later this week I think I’m going to just enjoy the darn bike and focus on riding. Putting all these touches on your bike to reflect your personal style can become really addictive, and might I add, expensive!

·
Premium Member
4,288 Posts
Swapped out the stock windscreen on my 2021 zx6r for a Puig dark smoke version. So far it serves its purpose by deflecting wind much better than the stock one, and it looks better also. Throughout this week as my items arrive via shipping, I will be installing a servo buddy, tank pads and Puig Pro frame sliders.

Last week I installed a Graves Slip-On, RAM Stem Mount, rear spools, fender eliminator and performed my 600 miles service. After I finish my installs later this week I think I’m going to just enjoy the darn bike and focus on riding. Putting all these touches on your bike to reflect your personal style can become really addictive, and might I add, expensive!
Jeez .... have some spare time on ya hands... got some stuff you could do over here 😁

2981 - 2992 of 2992 Posts