Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

2941 - 2960 of 2975 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Friday evening I checked the secondary butterfly valves' functionality, and I lubricated the clutch cable and throttle cables (both are much smoother and lighter feeling now). Then on Saturday, I rode her for a couple hours on some twisties!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Friday evening I checked the secondary butterfly valves' functionality, and I lubricated the clutch cable and throttle cables (both are much smoother and lighter feeling now). Then on Saturday, I rode her for a couple hours on some twisties!
what do you use to lubricate them? You spray something in the lines?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yesterday I installed a PC5, day before I installed 6000k HIDs and ran a plug to the trunk for my battery tender. Today I stopped at Kawasaki and bought fork oil and ordered a kickstand spring. This weekend I'll take it to get the forks done and put a new front tire on. After that gotta install my dual front calipers and rotors (only has single side now). Then I'm set for Miami's riding season which is winter. Lol.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I like that! I have a lowered and stretched ZX12R and was wondering how I was going to lift the front to get my forks off.
If only doing the forks I would use a front lift instead like in the subsequent pictures I posted. It looks like you are going to have your forks worked on by someone else? Good luck with that.

·
Registered
351 Posts
And what i mean by that last sentence is that on my 2000 the manual that i have does not explain how to set the forks caps. Btw doesn't take much to damage if done incorrectly. I did it by trial and error and after having done it more times than I can remember I still have to refer to my notes.

·
Registered
65 Posts
And what i mean by that last sentence is that on my 2000 the manual that i have does not explain how to set the forks caps. Btw doesn't take much to damage if done incorrectly. I did it by trial and error and after having done it more times than I can remember I still have to refer to my notes.
I didn't realize it was that complicated. I have looked through it in the service manual. Hope they can figure it out. If not maybe upgrade to ZX14R forks?

·
Registered
71 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
I didn't realize it was that complicated. I have looked through it in the service manual. Hope they can figure it out. If not maybe upgrade to ZX14R forks?
TBH, I've never had my bike worked on by anyone else so have not been in that situation. I'm actually working on mine now but it's late hopefully wrap it up later this weekend. Transitioning to the 14r forks (notice I didn't say upgrade) from what I've seen others are doing it for the use of the radial caliper mounts. Instead of using those forks I've installed brackets that do the same.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Still waiting on brake lines :frown2: Hopefully my guy got the washers in there too :zombie2:

[X] Front tire
[X] Steering
[X] Forks
[X] Calipers
[ ] B̶R̶A̶K̶E̶S̶ ̶L̶I̶N̶E̶S̶

2941 - 2960 of 2975 Posts