Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I bought a set of Keihin flatslide carbs with a 75mm 75mm 75mm spacing, double pumps with right side throttle pull and right side idle adjustment. There is an electronic sensor in the center where the P model throttle cable pull goes. Guy swears up and down they came off a 1996 ZX7RR but the spacing, throttle pull and idle adjustment says otherwise.

What do I have and how can I simply put a set of Keihin flatsides on my 1996 ZX7R with out a ton of hassle?

Dean

·
Registered
483 Posts
Do you have some photos of them. Do you know if the guy had them on a bike he owned or he just thinks they came off a Zx7. Also what size are the 39 or 41.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any ideas on the value of these carbs?

Should I send them off to be cleaned and set up for a mildly tweaked 1996 ZX7R?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wanner post: 4083852 said:
Any ideas on the value of these carbs?

Should I send them off to be cleaned and set up for a mildly tweaked 1996 ZX7R?
Recently I have search about it and what I got is not a required thing of the solution so let m Know when you get this one

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
Just to be clear; 94-97 zx9 engines have the same carb spacing as 91-95 zx7 engines. Not 96-03 zx7.

Reactions: 2fat2fly

·
Registered
110 Posts
Guy now says they were on a 1996 ZX9... Geeze!
I own a 1996 ZX9R. Bought new in 1994. I also own a 1995 ZX9R. Neither uses Flat Slide carbs, if these in fact are claimed to be from a Ninja ZX series bike, they would be from an older ZX7R or ZX7RR. To the best of my knowledge, only the ZX7RR model used Flat Slides. They use Kehin carbs. I am not aware of any other models coming from the factory with Flat Slides.

But you need to research yourself from RELIABLE sources, not some web forum full of YayHoos giving you curb side advice. Those may be from a completely different motorcycle and may be a race only set of carbs. But they don't come from a 1996 ZX9R for sure.

·
Premium Member
6,554 Posts
1993 or 1994 ZX7R M model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
6,740 Posts
I own a 1996 ZX9R. Bought new in 1994. I also own a 1995 ZX9R. Neither uses Flat Slide carbs, if these in fact are claimed to be from a Ninja ZX series bike, they would be from an older ZX7R or ZX7RR. To the best of my knowledge, only the ZX7RR model used Flat Slides. They use Kehin carbs. I am not aware of any other models coming from the factory with Flat Slides.

But you need to research yourself from RELIABLE sources, not some web forum full of YayHoos giving you curb side advice. Those may be from a completely different motorcycle and may be a race only set of carbs. But they don't come from a 1996 ZX9R for sure.
And where would you go to find RELIABLE sources? A kid at a Kawasaki dealership that's never even seen a carburetor? These YahHoos, as you call them, on this forum know more about ZX7, ZX7R and ZX7RR than most any other place you can find.

·
Premium Member
2,439 Posts
Also, to the best of my knowledge (being a yahoo!!), ALL ZX7Rs came with FCR carbs. ZX7RR as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi there, I am very sure that those on the picture are original FCRs that would fit a 91 & 92 K Model and a 93 & 94 M Model (all have 39 mm diameter). The ZX7RR 96 will have FCRs with 41 mm.

·
Premium Member
6,554 Posts
These carbs will fit any 1991-1994 ZX7R or 1991-1995 ZX7 and the B Model ZX9R (1994-1997) but they are M model ZX7R carbs (unless someone has changed things on them).

For those that don’t know me, I know a little about these bikes.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts