Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Here is the deal.. I just sold my girls learner bike ninja 250 and want her to step up too a 5-600 carb bike and there are 2 bikes available for what I want to spend. 90 CBR 600F w/ 25k all in all great running bike no tick or leakage just minor things like main front side fairings missing he wants $1000or 87 Ninja 600R in excellent condition missing nothing w/ all maintnence done valves, carbs ect.. has 26k on it but still looks pretty damn good being 20 years old :) He wants 1200 obo..
I have been trying to find specs on both of these bikes on google but no damn luck :(
I just want to know which one of these are a more reliable bike for my girl, because I ride 06 636 and have no worries on going on 400 mile trips but I dont want to get a bike w/ history of probs..
Thanks, Kyle

·
Registered
208 Posts
Either one would be fine, the real question is the condition of the bike(s) you're considering. Can you make sure either of them is in good and reliable shape?

I've got 72K miles on my '01 ZX11, and take long trips like 400 miles a few times a year, no worries. You know the deal, just make sure all the maintenance is on time, up to date, etc.

Since this is the ZX Forum, and you've got a Kawi, keep it in the family and get your honey a Kawi. Is the '87 in good shape? Maybe there's a newer model out there somewhere close to you?

Negotiate a better price if possible, offer maybe 2/3's of what they want, in cash of course. And make sure all the paperwork is up-to-date, legal and legit.

Good luck.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Either one would be fine, the real question is the condition of the bike(s) you're considering. Can you make sure either of them is in good and reliable shape?

I've got 72K miles on my '01 ZX11, and take long trips like 400 miles a few times a year, no worries. You know the deal, just make sure all the maintenance is on time, up to date, etc.

Since this is the ZX Forum, and you've got a Kawi, keep it in the family and get your honey a Kawi. Is the '87 in good shape? Maybe there's a newer model out there somewhere close to you?

Negotiate a better price if possible, offer maybe 2/3's of what they want, in cash of course. And make sure all the paperwork is up-to-date, legal and legit.

Good luck.
Ya the Kawi is immaculate! The thing looks like its never been ridden more than 5 seasons.. paint, pipes, ect. Look great. I talked w/ the guy for about a half hour in person about bike and he just kept going on about how much he maintained bike, he did valves, carbs, and new tire last season and only rode about 500 miles because he is getting to old for sport bike riding "BACK & Wrist" cant handle it anymore. Yea I would really like Kawi because thats what I ride, but he seems pretty firm on price and is willing to hold onto it if he dont get what he is asking.

·
Registered
990 Posts
UK specs on Kwak 600's but USA should be similar (not sure if it would be a B or C as '87 was an overlap year):

Model Code - ZX600A Note. 600RX Ninja - ZX600B produced in limited numbers for 1987 only
C.C. - 592
B.H.P. - 75
Top Speed (M.P.H.) - 136
Standing 1/4 mile (seconds) - 11.9
M.P.G. (range or average) - 40 - 60
Dry weight (kg) - 193
OEM tyre sizes (front & rear) - 110/90 V16, 130/90 V16
Suspension - Front forks air-pressure 7psi (standard), 7-10psi (range) and AVDS anti-dive
Rear shock air-pressure 0-50psi (range), 4 position damping (1 soft - 4 hard)

Model Code - ZX600C
C.C. - 592
B.H.P. - 85
Top Speed (M.P.H.) - 142
Standing 1/4 mile (seconds) - 12.19
M.P.G. (range or average) - 35 - 70
Dry weight (kg) - 180
OEM tyre sizes (front & rear) - 110/80 V16, 130/90 V16
Suspension - Front forks fitted with ESCS anti-dive (on models C1-C5)
Rear shock air-pressure atmospheric (standard), 0-28psi (range), 4 position damping (1 soft - 4 hard)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts