Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my 93 ZX7 but I want a newer fuel injected bike now.

I was thinking a ZX10, 04-05 has the look I like, and I'd put a steering stabilizer on it right away(I here you really should).

A fuel injected 600 would probably be lighter and more have more power than my 93 ZX7 also.

I want the ZX10 but don't want to kill myself on it. I am 30 years old and have the maturity to not be an idiot on it. But I don't want one if its gonna come up on me all the time when I don't it too.

I think I want to stay Kawi too, suggestions.

PS- Not that it matters, but my friends have a Busa, GSXR600, GSXR1000 all 2004+

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've ridden my friends 10' CBR 1000 & a 08 GSXR 750 and they wont come up on on you til you snap that throttle back. I'm in the same boat as you, until i find one to fall in my lap im gonna stick with the 7. Get whatever you feel comfortable riding.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Im headed this weekend to look at one... if the price is right it will be coming home with me :evil

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Forgot to mention I am looking for $5000-6000 bike.:tard
my bad... so $17k is a bit steep...

I would look for an 03-05 zx6r (636)... ive always wanted one.

·
Registered
36 Posts
A fuel injected 600 would probably be lighter and more have more power than my 93 ZX7 also.

PS- Not that it matters, but my friends have a Busa, GSXR600, GSXR1000 all 2004+
I'm not that blessed to ride a lot of bikes by only riding two. My bike, '97 zx7, and I rode my friend's bike yesterday, '12 gsxr600. I was blown away how much more power/faster my bike was compared to a new lighter fuel injected bike.

So I think you should go for the liter and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Sometimes you'll love a bike for the way you can carve up corners, but other times I just love the brute force that makes you hang on to the grips and slide back into the seat & go! Gets the old heart a pumping & puts a grin on the face everytime.

·
6,850 Posts
I own an 04 ZX10R track bike and many ZX7s including R models and RR models, also had an 05 ZX10R street bike as well. The most fun I have ever had on a bike was on a VTR250. There is nothing like screaming around the track on a super light bike. I passed most everybody with much bigger bikes. It comes down to how much cornering speed you are willing to carry. Here is me passing an R1 on the outside in the B group last year.

I will say though that the ZX10R is WAY better for the street than anything I have ridden. Power when you need it, good handling and predictable.

Assassin, too bad you are so far away from me. I have had my ZX10R for sale for over two months. It has less than 10K miles and is listed at $3000 here in Cali. It only has track fairings, but has a clean title and has never been down. It was just converted to a track beast. I played with the price all the way down to $2400, but would not have let it go. I just wanted to see what would happen, which was nothing other than guys either asking if I would take payments or if it has all the fairings. I can easily find a full set of fairings and lights in decent shape for less than $1K. Which would make a near perfect 04 ZX10R for less than $4K.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Assassin, too bad you are so far away from me. I have had my ZX10R for sale for over two months. It has less than 10K miles and is listed at $3000 here in Cali. It only has track fairings, but has a clean title and has never been down. It was just converted to a track beast. I played with the price all the way down to $2400, but would not have let it go. I just wanted to see what would happen, which was nothing other than guys either asking if I would take payments or if it has all the fairings. I can easily find a full set of fairings and lights in decent shape for less than $1K. Which would make a near perfect 04 ZX10R for less than $4K.

i would buy that tomorrow if you were not on the other side of the country. :banghead don't mean to thread jack... carry on.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Im headed this weekend to look at one... if the price is right it will be coming home with me :evil

I went to the shop on saturday to buy a demo and i didnt even get the time of day... the salesman was too busy with a guy who was having problems getting credit...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts