Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike has some pretty shoddy grips and the bar ends are all pitted and rusty. It's been bothering me since I bought it so I guess it's time to change them. I was checking out ebay and I saw alot of metal grips with bar ends incorporated into them. I assume that they're not that "grippy", which would make them horrible grips. What grips do you prefer?

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I bought mine off ebay without the metal barends. ct motors???? Only for looks tho; form, definitely not function. only my palm is on the "grip" and my thumb/index finger is wrapped around the metal band which was a mental change. No real complaints tho. You can find all-rubber ones too if you prefer more "grip".

I have vortex clipons and just now buying the barends since other brands dont fit (too big in diameter), havent installed them yet.

·
Registered
9,979 Posts
Grips

Stock and stock. :evil

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I really like the looks of the ones with the metal parts on the inside end. I used to have renthals on my old dual sport. They were ridiculously grippy, but probably overkill for a sportbike.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Progrips seem to be one of the better options for the price. Are they comfortable on the highway? My worn out stock grips kill my hands after about 20min.

·
11,782 Posts
Progrips seem to be one of the better options for the price. Are they comfortable on the highway? My worn out stock grips kill my hands after about 20min.
Honestly, kind of surprised how much of a difference they made. I always used a harder rubber grip because I liked the look and they lasted forever but, with as comfy and grippy as the Progrip gels are, I won't mind having to replace them more often. Granted, they're not a heavily padded grip but I noticed a difference. If it helps, I wear alpinestars SMX-2 air carbon gloves...kind of a moto-x styling and only lightly padded palms.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Driven D3s. IMO best looking, and they're super comfy.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gloves are on my list of things to get too, along with a jacket and riding shoes... I've got a pair of fox dirtbike gloves around here someplace. Really at about $10 a set I've got no problem changing grips every couple of seasons. Really I'm just looking for a combination of looks and performance, progrip seems to have that covered at the right price. A 15 year old bike could always use some small things to spruce it up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts