Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I hate that this is my frist thread on here, but shit happens.

After 2 years of riding my old bike, and never laying it down...within 2 weeks on my new bike, I lost it.

Me and my buddy (05 R6) were just crusin some back roads, not even going but like 55mph, we get to this one decent curve, he speeds up a little (bout 8-10 lengths infront of me) goes around fine. Well, I keep it about the same, 60mph maybe, lean and start making the turn. Half way in the turn there is an oncoming SUV, and well...they were well over the line. It spooked me, pushing me up on the outerpart of the lane, which caused me hit a nice slick tar spot sliding my already close to the edge rear tire, off the road. I tried stayin in the throttle, but the sand was too much. Needless to say at this point, I ended up on my ass.

I was fine, pissed the hell off, but fine. I picked up the bike, and to be suprised, I only lost one mirror and some paint. So I have the new parts comming in this week, but I though I would share my fun weekend ride w/ everyone.

SUV's fucking blow :rant

·
Registered
330 Posts
That sucks! Glad you're O.K. though.
Did that SUV stop to see if you were O.K. or even notice he/she had run you off the road?? If not did your buddy chase em down? From your description of what happened, sounds like they were at fault & maybe you could have got them to pay you're repairs.

·
Registered
264 Posts
You are super lucky to be able to walk away from that one! Post some pics of the damage if you get a chance.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Glad to hear you're okay. That sucks though.

Have to agree with GM... did you follow the SUV, or get the plate # etc? Should have, and go after them for damages.

But in the end... as long as you're okay, "ya done good kid". :thumbup

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the kind words guys.

No I don't think they even realized what heppend. But my friend who was already ahead of me hauled ass back to check on me first and foremost. We got the bike up and check it over and stuff, but I think we were both a little flustered and chacing them down wasnt our main concern. I think we both were just glad that I was ok, and decided to call it a day.

We trailered it back to my garage where it awaits parts.

Ill post pics at the end of the day for everyone.

·
Registered
151 Posts
yeah that phuckin suxs. good to hear your ok though. one of my buddies just passed away few weeks back almost because of the same thing car cut him off. i've been layin low every since....

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Wow, I'm really sorry to hear about your friend yosh. I couldn't imagine. My thoughts are w/ you and their family.

Here is the only pic I have for now.

This was taken right after w/ my camera phone...
Gah, it breaks my heart to see it like this too :(

·
Registered
19 Posts
Something i've noticed is that the 07 zx6 side mirrors are REALLY long, i droped my bike a while back and orded a new mirror, the company sent me the 636 mirror by mistake, so when i put it on it was MUCH shorter, i acutally like the shorter mirror so i just ordered the other side......

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
glad your ok... the bike is fixable ........
Thanks. And x2 on the fixable part. It was all cosmetic. New ferrings (side uppper, and side lower have been ordered, as well as a mirror) and a buddy will touch up the front and rear sections in the paint booth for cheap. I should have it up, and looking liked new again by the weekend.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here is the only thing that happened to me:
Don't look if you are a bit squeamish

Pretty huh?

It is weird however, it actually doesn't hurt or anything. A little tender, but that's all. Hell I played golf the next day haha.

·
Registered
488 Posts
ouuuuuch! but the ride looks fine bro! i had something like that not too long ago minor scratch damage that i can buff out, be easy and ride hard aight

·
Registered
317 Posts
good to know that you're ok and didn't get hit by the SUV.
just last thursday night i was in a neighborhood going about my own business then all of a sudden an SUV comes out from a street without even STOPPING, i know it was going at over 30mph! if i were to leave the place i was coming from i would have gotten into a bad accident.
she turned from a street right in front of me and just looked at me. and didn't even look scared or cared.

we seriously need to track these kind of people down and destroy their houses.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
we seriously need to track these kind of people down and destroy their houses.

hahaha, I'm up for a good house made campfire :crazyloco

Im dying right now, cause my parts will be here tomorrow...I can't wait to ride. Im going to put 200miles on it the day I get it back, you watch lol

·
Registered
144 Posts
sorry to hear about the damage. really sucks
how much did you get the fairings for? i just had a mishap on my trailer and a strap broke. needless to say i need to order both left and right upper fairings. just wondering what you ended up paying

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'll have to get back to you on that, Im really not sure. They haven't came yet :runaway but should be here tomorrow. But I work there, so I get everything for a bit less.

I'll be sure to let you know once they come in.

·
Registered
144 Posts
i ended up ordering mine anyway from the place i bought the bike. Paid $145 for each side fairing. Not as bad as i thought. $300 and mine will be back to new. glad to hear yours will be in tomorrow, get her looking all pretty again

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ah, good deal man. Glad to see you'll be back up like new too. Yea, mine SHOULD be here tomorrow...but I guess we'll see. I'm more worried about the painting the tail section...that makes me a bit nervous.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts