Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was two weeks ago by now. Here are a couple pics......

I have been riding for about 8 years and I only have myself to kick for this one.
I was on an unfamiliar road, after work( a bit tired), and riding on the fast side....Anyone see the problems..............

Good news is I have full ins., already got check parts are in and she'll be good as new in no time.
At the ripe old age of 34, I am not too old to be reminded that I am not invincible. The basic rules of riding are so we avoid things like this.
I never went to the doc but I still have a big 'ol bruise on my right hip and my ribs are probably cracked. They hurt and I stll can't breathe right.

Respect the machine, respect the road.

Be Safe and have fun!!

Peace,
"B"

·
Registered
183 Posts
Its good to know that your ok though. Lesson learned i say!

·
Registered
62 Posts
maybe some calcium/magnesium supplements would help those ribs in the ol' cage..take them at nite also..they serve as a muscle relaxer...and check out MSM supplement...its a natural sulfur..this will help rebuild tendon tissue and joint flexibility...both bottles of stuff are inexpensive and can be found at any supplement store or grocery store..
im kinda of a body building/health freak so i know these wierd things...take care

·
Premium Member
4,290 Posts
Looks like she didn't enjoy it........ very lucky, could have been much worse.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Ouch!! Sorry to hear but at least it sounds like you have only minor injuries and the bike is being fixed. Take care!

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
good to hear that you're alright Oly.

Get back up and running again soon.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Sorry to hear about your trip to the cabbage, hope your not hurtin too bad. I still haven't forgottin about your back up bike. You may need it for a little while yet if you haven't already sold it. I've been swamped at work and year end for my company is the end of the month. Always somthing. Anyways hope you heal up fast, keep in touch, Mike.:thumbup

·
Registered
138 Posts
Last time at the track my MPH was down and nothing I did seemed to help. It seemed like the bike was more responsive and was making more HP but not going any faster. I didn't get to ride for about two weeks after that and about 50km into the trip the clutch started to slip, so I'm thinking it was on it's way out at the track. I'm planning to get one more trip in with the new clutch before the snow flies [ it's already snowed once!]. Hopefully 9.90's @ 140+ mph. A boy can dream, can't he ?:headscratch :evil :crazyloco

·
Registered
381 Posts
Welcome to the world of going down, we all like to think that we will never go down but the truth always lurks in the back of our minds. The truth being that there are only two distinctive types of riders out there, the ones who have been down....and the ones who are going to go down. Glad to see that you faired well and the bike is going to be ok also. How much did the insurance company quote the repairs to be? When I went down in the ditch on mine it cost $5,800 to fix! I walked away with a broken left big toe and a crick in my neck that will never heal. Good luck to you and get her back together quickly and always remember to treat her like a lady!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts