Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, recently i went down on my wifes 05 636. Nothing to major but now i have some questions. The tip over sensor was disabled on the bike when we got it so when i layed it over it stayed running. I ran over as quick as i could and got it shut off. Now got it back home and on the stands and fire it up and it smokes. Will this smoking stop or since it was running while on its side could it have ruined something internally on the motor. It kinda smells like gas mixed with burnt oil. Im assuming i should change the oil because of possible coolant/oil mixture but what else should i be looking for?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Probably just some oil burning off after being sideways.. is the oil light on? if not I wouldnt be too worried unless there is unusual sounds or vibrations, or if it the smoking doesnt stop fairly quickly.

·
Registered
121 Posts
i agree. sounds like oil being burned from being on its side. should go away after a few minutes of running. if it still smokes after a while then there is an apparent issue and could be a broken seal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts