Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never had really a lot to say on here, but I enjoy the reads.

Im just now getting back on my feet. Ive been riding for over 30 years, and what Ive been through in the last 4 weeks. Ill wish on no one.

07/28 Someone turned right into me head on, i was going 40 mph...
I honestly expected to die from it, but I was too lucky i guess.

Instead I have broken ankle, broken wrist, broken heel, 5 cracked ribs, 4 dislocations, both knees ground down. and road rash forever.

Police report says I was thrown over 95 Feet.

Guys, we all look for a way to make them go quicker, and faster. I know I did, but just someone else's lack of paying attention changed that for me. Ill still be a reader, and a fan. But sadly my riding days are over.

Be safe out there guys, it could happen to any of us.

·
Premium Member
4,394 Posts
I'm so sorry this has happened to you Dave, I've been riding 30+ years too and watched so many leave motorcycling because of idiots in tin tops.

Chin up bro and take one day at a time

·
Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
3,588 Posts
JFC. I'm glad you survived! I got into my accident in my 2nd year riding. Broke my left femur (closed spiral fracture close to the head) and a little bit road rash. Guy pulled out in front of me from a taco bell going left on 5 lane highway. Left the bed of his truck in my lane. Hit him going about 35 mph in a 40. Local PD saved my ass on the insurance claim. They were right behind me when it happened.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Dave so sorry to read this, Did the butthole in the car have insurance?
Man you got really beat up. It really sux to see or hear about this stuff, Its amazing how hurt we can get doing 30 - 40 MPH and you being thrown 95 feet. OMG!!
Sounds like even if you were decked out in racing leathers with all the extras you wouldnt have done much better. I dont know how we become invisible but I guess we do.
Im 57 now and sure think about this stuff the older I get. In my late 20s I would fly down the line and not even think about it. Now a days when splitting lanes if someone comes up behind me I move over and let them go by and fall in behind them, You can see the gap getting wider and I feel like people are watching for the 2nd bike. Even then most of the time they start pulling away from me with me thinking that guys insane, Even cops on bikes, those guys haul azz.
If you feel like you shouldnt ride again then you probably should stay off them. I dont blame you.

There's 2 kinds of riders, Those that have been down and those that have not been down yet.

I certainly have had a few close calls in the past but I really really got lucky bout 3 years ago after riding 30 years. I low sided going 95 MPH, ended up sliding 235 feet, Geared up to the hilt and not a scratch on me. All my gear didnt fare so well but I walked away. I didnt really think about it until the following days and realized how gracious God was with me that night because I have never crashed and I slid like I knew what I was doing. No Fire dept, ambulance ever showed up. The cops were blown away, like in disbelief that I was standing there talking to them.
If I got as hurt as you did I wouldnt ride again.
On the positive, It could have been a lot worse and your still with us, Im sure you have a long road to recovery and wishing you God Speed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts