Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1461 - 1480 of 40286 Posts

·
#1 BMW Traitor
6,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,461
Rosettaflyer is right, only problem is its completely irrelevant to the concept of an extension FROM THE FRAME MOUNTED EQUIPMENT INTENDED TO BEAR THE WEIGHT OF THE LOAD. When you extend that point its puts stress in that extension (pheonix is wrong, at least in his first reply) not more stress on the truck mounts in the frame.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Is there any kind of hitch extender that won't decrease a 5000# towing or 500# tongue capacity?
No. Because science.

Levers and shit. I hope I really don't have to explain this. You are multiplying the amount of force placed onto the tongue/hitch/frame of the vehicle by moving it farther away from the mounts. Thus reducing capacity. It isn't just liability, you literally are reducing the amount of load the system can support.
Thanks for explaining that
I can understand the load as far as tongue weight but why would some say it's not for towing?
The load to push and pull is the same. It's just extended not multiplied as far as weight goes.
It reduces towing capacity because you are stressing everything more. Amplifying tongue weight causes extra stress on the bolts/welds, and thus also reduces the safe maximums for pulling as well.
I'm on point son.
Not sure,
Aristoteles or Archimedes said: "give me a lever long enough and I will move the world" ...
So,
On the contrary Squidge, The longer the lever, the lighter the load on the car.
A lever only has one pivot point
Are you nomeg? Next we will be discussing if the earth is flat or not
OR, one at a time the force is applied :nerd:
Starting to sound like Yoda now he is.
Yeah, right! So: 1)you can lift a trailer front in a 10,000 pound boat of the ground just because of the long arm of the lever. 2) the wheels are real far far behind. If it is longer you can lift EaZier. All the moviments are larger, making a reduction of stress and of load. You know what reduction do right? 1st gear??

So in your conceptions, you could put the engage ball right after the main axle and try to litf it off. Then you'll have stress!!

Damn you guys ... Don't you ever try before saying xits?
Rosettaflyer is right, only problem is its completely irrelevant to the concept of an extension FROM THE FRAME MOUNTED EQUIPMENT INTENDED TO BEAR THE WEIGHT OF THE LOAD. When you extend that point its puts stress in that extension (pheonix is wrong, at least in his first reply) not more stress on the truck mounts in the frame.
Say that to the "I prefer I shouldn't have to explain this for you stupid people": Mr. Squidge Logic

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Hi Rideit, Did you like my

Occam's Razor?
:fedup:

·
Registered
7,375 Posts

Yes,midway through the unit there will be stress (again,quick sketch and missed adding that) my whole point was that using a standard hitch,then extending the standard extension and extending it to its max (leaving stress right on the middle point,not only being the middle point,but where the unit meets the extension) will be the most stress.

When getting your extra length by using a longer unit to begin with,yes there still stress on the middle point,but it's now a solid unit vs using a standard hitch and extending the extension to its max,so now you got stress not only on the middle point,but it's now also where the 2 pieces meet,twice the stress on one area.
Some proper engineering for you;)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Mah Anybody is trying to lift the boat with the ass of the car with a straight Bar! ... the front of the boat lift (together) easilee with a long arm, but the wheels of the trailer supporting all the boat stays on the ground.

·
#1 BMW Traitor
6,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,470
Tis true but the only problem with all these drawing is that frame mounts don't stick out that far (look at EZ'S pic). They are basically recessed under the bumper. Purposely done to keep them close to the mounting point on the frame for strength.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Got tired of this "I have to reform a bad info"

From Squidge Logic

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Tis true but the only problem with all these drawing is that frame mounts don't stick out that far (look at EZ'S pic). They are basically recessed under the bumper. Purposely done to keep them close to the mounting point on the frame for strength.
Man you should run for Congress! :redface:

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Hello Admin Sir 185EZ, I'd like to change my name to Rosettaflyer, since that's how I'm known nowadays. Please.

·
#1 BMW Traitor
6,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,476
Besides....you already have the World Cup this year, samba dancing, and toilets that swirl counter clockwise. Don't be so greedy

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
I like everything about you Ozzy, including your razor :lol
Thanks, but the razor isn't mine its Occam's. He's saying can be reached at google. Kindda like "Cut the crap out" ...

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
:biggrin:

I formerly protest this request, makes my quoted post in your sig less funny
Besides....you already have the World Cup this year, samba dancing, and toilets that swirl counter clockwise. Don't be so greedy
Uraith Let's EZ call on that one, ok?

·
#1 BMW Traitor
6,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,479
Uraith Let's EZ call on that one, ok?
He just PMed me, said he's tied up (unattaching his tongue jack) but when he's done he will be sure to tell you NO

You could check with Blue, probably likely to get this:grump:

But if he's in a good mood maybe this :squint

1461 - 1480 of 40286 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.