Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, my 91-c starts fine with the choke when cold and sometimes when warm with a little throttle but lately after I warm up then go for nice ride I can't even get gas without it hesitating an not starting for a while!! Yesterday I was still at the F'in gas station for an hour before the bitch finally started? What am I looking at that should be checked or fixed before the repair guys take a months worth of work! Haha! Any answer will be appreciated!

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Make sure your carbs aren't getting clogged, check your fuel filter and the lines as well. Sometimes it's something stupid. My buddy had a similar problem with his 250. It turned out that the air/fuel screws on the carb werent adjusted properly. I adjusted it and the problem went away.

Good luck bro.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man I had a feeling the carbs were getting clogged I'm going to have take it apart and check that fuel filter and maybe the screws as well!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Check the fuel filter, DON'T assume it's clean
and for Blainethemono
Clean the pilot jets.
Good Luck.
Cheers,
Gav

·
Registered
42 Posts
Replace the battery.

Do a search for "hot start issues" on just about any motorcycle forum and you will find it is a very common problem. I have had my 92C since new and have run into the problem many times over the years. The bike will seem to crank over fine when hot but will not fire up. Let it sit for a half hour and it fires right up. My theory is that small bike batteries are barely up to the job of starting a hot bike when at 100%. It may seem to crank fine but not have enough juice for the coils. Ran into the problem once again at the start of this riding season. Load tested the battery and it showed 178 CCA - a little low but within spec. Replaced with a 220 CCA AGM battery and no more hot start problems other than having to occasionally crack the throttle slightly.

I don't normally suggest throwing money at a problem before being certain of the issue but this has worked for me for the past 20 years with this bike. There are many other possible causes including tight valves and other electrical problems.

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Duplicate POST!!

I am NOT responding to this one.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Guys!! I appreciate it! I'm testing the battery today and also cleaning the fuel filter today along with the pilot jets!! My day off I'll be working in my girl I'll be back with some answers!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hah sorry man! I totally forgot to post right back! So I ripped it apart and cleaned the fuel filter changed the spark plugs cleaned the air filter and soaked the carbs! Not to mention the pilot jet! Now it hesitates but will start right up after the first hesitation so I'd say its looking good! In thinking I just new to charge the battery a little everyday then it'll start first time!!

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Good shit. Where in long island are you?

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I'm over in Holbrook, in Suffolk County. Ain't too far from BK
I know the island pretty well. My dad lives in Hicksville and we have a restoration shop in Deer Park. We should meet up n go riding. I'm always down.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sounds like a good plan to me!! I'm the same ill ride whenever as long as I'm not working so give me a call or shoot me a text. 16315051730, te names Ronne.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts