Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I just got off a highway after going about 90 for a time period of 30 min. When I stopped at a red light my bike was revving really high n was loud, also when shifting from first to second n then to third the bike was really skittish. I pulled over and shut the bike off n let it sit for a couple min n restarted it but still did the same thing. After riding to the next light i shut it off again n restarted it and the problem still existed. Once more i shut it off until it turned green and it was back to normal. Can anyone explain why this might be happening? The bikes temp was about 212 and theres about 14k miles on it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Okay so I just got off a highway after going about 90 for a time period of 30 min. When I stopped at a red light my bike was revving really high n was loud, also when shifting from first to second n then to third the bike was really skittish. I pulled over and shut the bike off n let it sit for a couple min n restarted it but still did the same thing. After riding to the next light i shut it off again n restarted it and the problem still existed. Once more i shut it off until it turned green and it was back to normal. Can anyone explain why this might be happening? The bikes temp was about 212 and theres about 14k miles on it.
What year and was it 212 riding or 212 at lights?

·
Registered
602 Posts
Throttle surging can be caused by a lean condition.

Fuel pressure regulator
Fuel pump
Injector
air temp sensor
water temp sensor
MAP sensor

I would start with fresh gas and see if it comes back. If it does do a diagnostic on the water temp sensor.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Throttle surging can be caused by a lean condition.

Fuel pressure regulator
Fuel pump
Injector
air temp sensor
water temp sensor
MAP sensor

I would start with fresh gas and see if it comes back. If it does do a diagnostic on the water temp sensor.
It revved pretty high idk if that would be from a lean condition, and it was fresh gas. But thanks ill look into it and see what I find.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
figured it out by running the codes, the throttle body is fxcked. Gotta replace it, thanks everyone for the help tho

1 - 12 of 12 Posts