Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a GOOD 'How-To' artical to 'Install Frame sliders'.
Ive gotta 'Cut' the body panels, measure twice, cut once!:evil
'Links' are always welcome! :clap

·
Registered
990 Posts
I seem to remember someone posted some pix up of installing sliders on a bike on here about a week ago, they had to cut a piece out of a fairing panel.

Perhaps they will flag it up

·
Registered
604 Posts
Just like to take the opertunity(sp) adn say :welcome to ZXforums.com james1300!!!

Here's that thread that Shortcircuit was talking about http://www.zxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147 ....hope the picture's help....also what kinda bike are talking about? Maybe i'll be able to get a good write-up for ya!!!

·
Registered
990 Posts
Worth waiting for?

I was looking at Kawasaki's website & they have sliders (Crash bungs/mushrooms in the UK) & they seem to have some in the pipeline for the 6R & 10R that come with a mounting bracket. I am guessing they don't need any alteration :headscrat . Probably worth checking out.

·
Registered
77 Posts
The ones with the bracket you do not need to cut, but the bracket is likely to bend. That's my green 06 getting the sliders on. I only had to cut the left side, right has an exposed motor mount. If anyone needs help, PM me, and I'll see if I can help you out. We used a dye-grinder (carefully) to get most of the fairing cut off, and then a sanding wheel attachment on a drill (designed for a dremel) to smooth up the cut.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts