Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I just picked up my C14 after being serviced. For those of you that have been following my adventures, I had a stuck rear caliper on my return trip from California to Colorado. Rode the last half of the trip with no rear brake.

I took all the parts that were removed in to my dealer and they ordered the parts last week. I drop off the bike Monday and the spent a lot of time working through the failure. Kawasaki did a great job of replacing parts. There were a bunch of cooked parts, Brake pad, Rotor, caliper. They went wild and replaced all sorts of stuff including the bearings for fear the heat might have affected them as well. I think the did a great job.

Cost - All under Warranty -- $0.00 cost to me. They even cleaned up the bike and put gas in it. Gotta love these guys!!

·
Registered
184 Posts
So far all I have noticed is that the plastic is buzzing somewhere up front, and the "glove box" can be hard to open. Good to know they are going to take care of us.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have that buzz also. Only notice when i get it into higher rev ranges. |Haven't been able to trace down the location or cause yet. Will post if i find. Please do the same.
ICBM

·
Registered
184 Posts
ICBM-While riding home today I pushed and pulled on different parts trying to find the buzz. Pushing lightly on the instrument panel seemed to do the trick. Give it a shot.

·
Registered
46 Posts
3500 rpms +/- I hear a buzz but it's gone by 4000.

·
Registered
98 Posts
:scared I think the buzz is coming from the tipover sensor. There is a thread on this on the zx-14 forum about this problem. I did a search on the zx14ninja.com and came up with this thread. There are a bunch more on this topic on the site. http://www.zx14ninja.com/phpbb2/vie...=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=tipover. I wear earplugs so I do not hear it. Lee
Thanks Lee,

Good information on the tip-over sensor. Since you own both the ZX-14 and the C-14, is the tip-over sensor exactly the same and same location on both bikes?

·
Registered
22 Posts
buzz or rattle fix

ok im new just got my connie 38 miles and have the buzz
its the rubber mounted bar ends grab them when you hear the rattle and its gone lol

·
Registered
215 Posts
I don't hear any buzz but then I do have my music cranked up loud lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts