Thanks!

·
Registered
157 Posts
itl smoke like hell when running the motor

·
Registered
3 Posts
yeah it'll burn off. If its on the outside just wipe as much as you can off. Or you can let it sit overnight maybe it will evaporate a little. Does WD-40 evaporate?

·
Registered
228 Posts
One word "Smoking"

The residue should burn off quick enough, a lot of people spray their machines with wd40 over the winter to prevent corrosion, so should not cause any major issues.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Just a fun fact WD-40 is mostly fish oil concentrate!

I use it on the stainless mufflers on my 14 everytime I clean it keeps them shiny and makes them easier to clean next time. I wipe them down wet then wipe off the excess with a dry towel don't have a single mark on them yet from it. it is a metal protector.

I also use it on the factory rims cleans the brake dust excellently and makes them easeir to clean next time also.:rofl

·
Registered
9 Posts
WD-40 is mostly kerosene. It was originally designed to keep ice from forming inside the fuesalge of old planes, when flying at high altitudes... hence the name... WD (water dispersant) 40 (40th attempt). The kerosene in the WD-40 will evaporate quickly leaving behind the 'fish oil' film. Works great on rust, just get yourself some scotch brite pads and rub away. Wipe it down with a clean cloth when you're done and go rip. Keep in mind that it is highly flamable with a fairly low flash point so leaving it wet on your pipes and immediately starting the bike could potentially start a fire.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
WD-40 is mostly kerosene. It was originally designed to keep ice from forming inside the fuesalge of old planes, when flying at high altitudes... hence the name... WD (water dispersant) 40 (40th attempt). The kerosene in the WD-40 will evaporate quickly leaving behind the 'fish oil' film. Works great on rust, just get yourself some scotch brite pads and rub away. Wipe it down with a clean cloth when you're done and go rip. Keep in mind that it is highly flamable with a fairly low flash point so leaving it wet on your pipes and immediately starting the bike could potentially start a fire.
Not that it matters there is no kerosene,silicone,water,wax or CFC's in WD-40,the actual ingredients are a secret but if you check around you'll find it contians a great deal of fish oil,and is propelled by Co2. And your close it was for protecting the metal skin on the Atlas rockets originally. and then developed into aerosal cans and so forth.

here's the scoop if anybody's interested.

http://www.wd40.com/Brands/wd40_faqs.html

·
Registered
138 Posts
Spray it on your Kamlooper or Red-Devil and the fish go nuts. No Shit!:mfclap

·
Registered
228 Posts
WD40 and Duct Tape, the question is do you need anything else lol.

·
Registered
8 Posts
wd40 on exhaust

1994 kawasaki zx11 owners manual (I keep all of them). Page123. After washing Bike. kawasaki recomends to spray wd40, lps-1, or bel ray 6 in 1 on the exhaust system. I've been spraying them for over 14 years. They look like new!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
wikipedia says:

"It was developed in 1953 by Norm Larsen (then working for the Rocket Chemical Company) to eliminate water and prevent corrosion on electrical circuitry. It also has many household uses."

1 - 20 of 23 Posts