Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone run water wetter or engine ice?

if so which do you perfer?

·
11,782 Posts
I was gonna switch to Engine Ice this year but I found out that it won't mix with regular coolant and didn't feel like fully flushing the entire system. I used regular old Spectro coolant and the bike's running a lot cooler.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
watter wetter since it works well and its not slick if you loose coolant for some reason... all the others are like anti-freeze on the tire......SLICK !! = crash....:eek:hno

·
Premium Member
13,003 Posts
Water Wetter now markets a coolant as well as an additive. I would assume their coolant contains their additive. I added Water Wetter to regular coolant and saw an immediate running temperature drop. When it came time to change out the coolant (before WW's new product hit the shelves at Cycle Gear), I went with Engine Ice. Temps are still held lower than with standard coolant, so either product seems to do the trick. The Water Wetter additive was originally for track use where actual water must be used in place of Glycol-based coolant, which is slicker than owlshit when spilled on pavement. It works by breaking down the surface tension of water (or coolant) so the liquid can absorb and transfer more heat away from the water jackets to the radiator.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
running engine ice, seems to be okay for me. i did fan mods at the same time, so i can't speak on it alone as far as stating dropping in temps.

·
Registered
83 Posts
In my drag car engine ice did nothing. Water wetter dropped my temps about 18 degrees. Im anxious to try their coolant.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i live in el paso tx, we easily get temp over 110. i used water wetter and distilled water and i got an increase in temps.....what did i do wrong? :headscratch

·
Registered
230 Posts
I live down in WAY southern california in the Imperial valley and during the summer with stock coolant my bike would hit 215 while running 80-90 mph on the interstate while its 110-115 outside. Now with engine ice my bike says 180-185 during same conditions. In stop in go traffic it will get up to 210-212 but prior it would hit 230+

so in my experience Engine ice is a must if you live in the hott desert!

·
Registered
280 Posts
i have been using Engine Ice in all my bikes for a few years now, & i am quite pleased !

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
water wetter dropped my temps by about 15 degrees in the bike and when i put it in my car it was about 25 degrees. I dunno what that stuff is but it definitely works.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts