Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone....have this interesting problem on my bike.....07gsxr600....
i recently filled entire radiator and overflow coolant container with a coolant...after riding the bike for 10 miles noticed that the cooler on radiator works all the time and a lots of water comes out of the overflow hose....
Does anybody have any opinions on this issue....

On my mind it is either water pump, thermostat or clogged radiator issue which allows system to overheat pumping the hot water out

any mind appreciated!

thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,324 Posts
Did you bleed the water circuit when you filled the radiator? You may have an air pocket which could cause that to happen.

·
Premium Member
5,923 Posts
i recently filled entire radiator and overflow coolant container with a coolant...!
The radiator needs to be full (and free of air, like PVC said), but you should not fill the overflow container all the way full. There should be a "full" mark well below the top. If you fill the overflow container all the way to the top, some will definately spill out when it warms up.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you guys. I didn't say it exactly wright. I filled the reservoir just in level....but i didn't get the air from the system.....
will do it tomorrow!
thanks

·
Premium Member
5,923 Posts
Cool. Good luck and let everyone know the result.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
filled entire... overflow coolant container with a coolant...
I hope you didnt FILL that bottle, because that would be what your problem is.

Otherwise, might just be air pockets in the system as said.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey guys...didn't have a time to play with a bike///
finally flushed the coolant. added just enough to fill the system completely. bleeded the air from the system.

In result: still overheating but this time extra coolant came off the overflow hose...and now it keeps coming off boiling in the overflow container....

what do i start from to fix this issue????

thanks!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
841 Posts
this may sound kinda basic, however make sure the radiator cap is on correctly. I had a problem like yours and it was purely operator error. The rad cap is sort of difficult to get to, I thought it was on correctly but it wasn't.

·
Premium Member
3,324 Posts
If you're still hearing a boiling/gurgling type noise, then you still have air in the system and it's creating a block resulting in overheating.

With the bike cold, open the radiator cap and make sure it's full. start it up and as it starts getting up to temp, open/close the bleed screw a number of times until all the air comes out.

On one of my previous bikes, it was so hard to bleed, that I had to rock it hard from side to side on the center stand so all the bubbles could come to the top.

·
Premium Member
4,271 Posts
this may sound kinda basic, however make sure the radiator cap is on correctly. I had a problem like yours and it was purely operator error. The rad cap is sort of difficult to get to, I thought it was on correctly but it wasn't.
+1 or the rubber needs replacing, and or, new cap

·
Administrator
58,571 Posts
hi everyone....have this interesting problem on my bike.....07gsxr600....
i recently filled entire radiator and overflow coolant container with a coolant...after riding the bike for 10 miles noticed that the cooler on radiator works all the time and a lots of water comes out of the overflow hose....
Does anybody have any opinions on this issue....

On my mind it is either water pump, thermostat or clogged radiator issue which allows system to overheat pumping the hot water out

any mind appreciated!

thanks!
Found the problem.:smile

·
Premium Member
3,324 Posts
It's not arbitrarily a couple of bubbles. They have probably collected and formed 1 big bubble that is preventing the flow of coolant.

It could also be a poorly installed or leaking radiator cap, which will let in air and cause the same problem.

·
Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,914 Posts
Could have a bad thermostat or a blown head gasket or a plugged radiator or the dreaded air bubble or... First things first run the bike with the radiator cap off ( start cold and let it warm up ). You might want to drain a little coolant off before starting this procedure . As the bike warms up the thermostat will open and you should start to see coolant flowing hopefully you can see the sides of the cores with the cap open . If you never see the coolant flowing you have a bad thermostat. If you see coolant spraying out of the core tubes your radiator is plugged. If you see lots of bubbling you might have a blown head gasket and you should do a compression test . Oh I almost forgot you might have to jack the rpms up a little to properly see coolant flow . Good luck .

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Finally get to the bike today....flushed the coolant one more time....One of friends advised to get the water pump out and see if the butterfly spring works or it's stuck....i see it and i can't spin it for sure....but i don't know the way it should work either.....

definitely ...it's not bubbles...it is something major but i don't know where to start from....

give me some heads up please!

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
I would personally drain it dry and start over
That would only serve to start over with more air, and waste coolant. I filled mine, let it gargle, topped it off, then started it with the cap off. Rocked the bike side to side, then it belched up an air bubble and I topped it off again. Cleaned up the coolant it coughed up and capped it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts