Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Was wondering if there's a shop in Washington state (west side preferably) that anyone can/would recommend for any aftermarket modifications/updates.

I've had my bike since September and she's stock as a rock to this point (which isn't a *bad* thing.) However, if I have a local option to take to someone good at performance upgrades I may consider that option later this summer.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
498 Posts
Hi there friend,

I'm not from the USA but rather in Malaysia. However, i would like to recommend you in upgrading your ZX14.

1. Install K&N air filter.
2. Take off secondary butterflies.
3. Put in PC3.
4. Put slip-on (yoshimura, Muzzy, Akrapovic)
5. Install scottoiler auto chain luber.

I tell ya, it'll be a new beast, more low and top end power and sounds better.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the suggestions! I wasn't under the impression that K&N had their filters out for the bikes. Do you happen to know the Part ID for them?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Got any pics of your custom K&N?

Did u get it made from a shop in KL?
Sorry, didn't occur to me to snap a picture of my custom air filter. A bit lazy to open up just to show you. Why don't you go to Chear Motor in Klang. They're into racing themselves so any customization is easy for them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Let me ask you this: With my other cars that I've modified, I've done so with the express purpose of improving the performance and by that I mean their efficiency. Did you notice any efficiency improvement with your bike when you made changes?

Example: One of my cars I had re-programmed to handle a better exhaust and intake and found myself receiving a 2 mph increase in the daily operation. I would like to see something similar on the bike if possible.

·
Registered
27 Posts
First welcom to the forum. I've bought stuff from a few places. I don't know where in the west side you live but here are a few good places to go, RMC PuyallupPowerSports CycleGear

·
Registered
27 Posts
theres also a place in Parkland on pacific at about 140th st. they do chrome and fat tire kits. I just don't know what the place is called.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sorry, didn't occur to me to snap a picture of my custom air filter. A bit lazy to open up just to show you. Why don't you go to Chear Motor in Klang. They're into racing themselves so any customization is easy for them.

thanks bro, your information is helpful

Just installed a pair of Leo-Vince from my previous bike. very loud!

planning to get a PCIII so want wanna make it complete with a K&N Filter before I dyno the bike

·
Registered
424 Posts
Forget about the oiler (Sorry, Scavenger). Not needed with the new type of sealed chain. Just a tiny bit of chain lube once & a while. Main thing is to keep the chain CLEAN!

John @ Adventure Motorsports in Monroe did my complete TracDynamics kit install.

Do NOT purchase a race filter. There are huge amounts of bad stuff that flows through the intake... rocks, bugs, dust, seeds, etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts