Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 4300km on my new 14 and the clutch has shit the bed ! :angry I don't drive the bike like a Goldwing but I sure don't abuse it. It is very well maintained and has had more oil changes than needed since new. Besides about 25 passes at the drag strip and a few wheelies all the miles have been two-up tours with my wife. I should hope with the warrenty I bought this fix will be a freebie! I'll keep ya-all posted:potty :banghead :drama

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Covered!

Kawasaki is covering a new clutch. Not sure what the problem was. The metal discs looked like they had heat blistered but they were still perfectly smooth, you could see what looked like blisters but you couldn't feel them.I've seen them glazed,ground,burnt and just plain wore out but nothing like this. The other two mechanics felt the same way. Bad oil? bad metal in the discs? Don't know, I guess I'll try a new one.Keep in mind that clutches are a wear part just like brake pads and though one shouldn't wear out in 4300 km it's still pretty standup of Kawasaki to cover it.:clap

1 - 4 of 4 Posts