Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
many moon ago when i was first unleashed into the mad world of motoring i went straight out and purchased my first car, a mark1 golf gti, people always told me to always let the engine warm up before driving, does this apply to bikes in your opinion or is it cool to start and go?

cheers

PEACE LOVE AND HACKING

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
IMHO I would suggest always letting your bike get up to operating temp before going out and getting on it.

Motors are motors are motors... cars are no different. You need time for all parts to warm up and get properly lubed before starting to push the envelope.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IMHO I would suggest always letting your bike get up to operating temp before going out and getting on it.

Motors are motors are motors... cars are no different. You need time for all parts to warm up and get properly lubed before starting to push the envelope.
cheers bro just as i thought but nice to have a 2nd opinion

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
if i remember rightly you are the same twat who insists global warming doesn't exist, tell that to them poor little penguins, regulate your scepticism and stop pouring used oils down drains, anyway shouldn't you be on a honda forum that deals with tank bikes?

·
Registered
236 Posts
i like to see squids rev there bikes up on a cold start........

·
Registered
4 Posts
many moon ago when i was first unleashed into the mad world of motoring i went straight out and purchased my first car, a mark1 golf gti, people always told me to always let the engine warm up before driving, does this apply to bikes in your opinion or is it cool to start and go?

cheers

PEACE LOVE AND HACKING
as soon as it will run without the choke its cool to ride it normally, no high revs until it reaches normal operating temps.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Agree with braveheart, on my 02, when I see the temp numbers come on i head out taking it easy for the first 5-10 minutes to let everything come up to temp

·
Registered
379 Posts
And what is the first thing people forget to let warm up ???????

Tyres, tyres, tyres. Dont you love cold tyres on the first corner when leaning mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm it always leaves my stomach with that empty feeling

·
Registered
13 Posts
Agree, i have heard the stories of people tearing it up as soon as they get going and not letting the tires warm up, and in the end all the wind up tearing up is the bike as it is sliding across the asphalt.

·
Registered
50 Posts
As soon as mine will settle down into a decent idle @ about half choke im gone. I would say 30 seconds in the summer... maybe 1 minute in the winter. Im easy on it until the temps are up.

If you are waiting until the thing is totally warmed up before clicking it into gear you are just wasting gas IMHO.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I usually let it get to about 120* before I ride.. I don't revv it hard till its warm.

and global warming, in our lifetime is a joke.. Why are we, on our hottest days, not even seeing record temps that were set in the 1900's?

If global warming was that far into effect, we would be surpassing any record highs right now.

So yes, global warming on a extremely small scale, is true.

Global warming that you'll see in your lifetime, is false.

Thank you, come again.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts