Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks EZ, although it hurts me eyes until I become skilled enough to actually make something look good.
Maybe after a few months and a better airbrush.
What I realized is "ghost skulls" looked more appealing to me so ill try to fade them from dark to light on the rest of the work.
3rd attempt
If somebody rips a decent wheelie on it during this apocalypse the anarchy symbol will be easily read.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
Whats up Kev. and thanks. I hope to have it looking better at the finale'
Thanks for droppin by....it looks ok, maybe you can shed some light on my erratic idle shown in this vid.
after i received my gauges i let it warm up for the first time; however it was idling somewhat erratic.
as I do respect your knowledge base so I value your opinion.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Is the exhaust leaking at the headers ? Can't tell if the noise is solely from the shortened section.
It appears to be hanging so maybe an air leak at the throttle bodies or a dribbling injector.
The exhaust won't help with a smooth Idle as your loosing back pressure which can cause over fueling but that can be overcome by getting it tuned on a dyno, But I suspect it's an expense that might not be welcomed lol
A decent engine service with plugs and a new Air filter might clean things up enough to live with as I'd imagine most of the time it's running you'll be nailing it somewhat ;)

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thanks Kev. I will investigate further, I have done some research on Thermodynamics of exhaust, the myth of backpressure, velocity and return signals.
I must say I am still a little confused. I am leaning towards the air intake sensor, additionally, the ground wire from the pump was only attached by a thread covered in shrink wrap.
Today, I began some fabrication of the support bar for the subcage.
Tomorrow, I will weld it together with hopes of fabbing all of my cages in house. (engine cage, subcage, and fairing stunt stay.)
Cheers

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
subcage completed.
Decided to create and add a logo gusset to each piece.
Cheers

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Clearcoat it and move on to other things.
better luck next time

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Hunting Idle, severely rich condition, poor performance, and generally just running like shit cured.
(after reading threads for 5 hours i found the problem(s)
On to charging diagnosis
Cheers.
FI light is 34 (exhaust servo) obviously I dont have one of those.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Went back and re airbrushed the tank for a much cleaner look.
Cheers

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Stunt stay completed.
errg. waiting for learning curve to kick in.
10 bucks.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Last night I had a dream I was trapped in a Hell where I was forced to airbrush 6 million 6 hundred and Sixty Six skulls.

·
Registered
131 Posts
So prolonged Airbrushing does have side effects, I assume you didn't wake up with paint on your hands :mad:

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #34 (Edited)
Thanks
riturbo!
And @ KevA.............................
No, but I think working at a Harley shop messed me up in the head real bad.
first helmet

And..... Done
Time for a beer.
Cheers.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Everything looks real nice!! Thanks for keeping us in the loop. I would love to have time for a " project". Work spAce and weather make that impossible. I had 2 project bikes get sold before I had a chance to get them. Wanted to at least get them in the basement to start planning.
Ride down to 7-11 and get lunch!! Enjoy!

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #38 (Edited)
@Alumicraft145 Good Morning my friend. Thanks for checking out my partial fails and mild success.
Keep grinding, that project will show up soon. In retrospect, i should have videod my attempts to fabricate and airbrush for the luls, I hope to put down a decent bead and an acceptable airbrush image in 2020. If you lived closer, Id get you a project, I have one I want gone. ZX7R
Today, I post the results of a seat refurbish that consisted of repairing the seat foam and a re upholster.
Cheers bro

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
A couple more hours of fab work and I should have the cage able to mount. 30 bucks.
Then its clearcoat day to clearcoat all the fairings and wheels.
Then, if Im lucky, I can slam it all together and blow out the cobwebs.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Seat looks amazing! Need some info on that!! Material?? I do have one minor bike project this winter, gonna try and vinyl wrap my windscreen.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts