Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ZX 10 is new with just over 1000 miles on it. When I sit up and remove my hands from the handlebars, the bike moves to the right. Too brand new for bent "anything" issues. What could the problem be? I don't feel I fighting her at all when riding..:headscratch

·
Registered
266 Posts
My ZX 10 is new with just over 1000 miles on it. When I sit up and remove my hands from the handlebars, the bike moves to the right. Too brand new for bent "anything" issues. What could the problem be? I don't feel I fighting her at all when riding..:headscratch
One of your preload/rebound setting on your forks set differently then the other? Make sure they have the same number of clicks. Some jerk could of messed with them while your bike was parked. Also, do you sit perfectly straight on the bike or off a little to one side?

·
Registered
649 Posts
One of your preload/rebound setting on your forks set differently then the other?
I found this on my bike and a friends bike... you never really know until you look.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Camber of the road perhaps :squint

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
take it to the dealer, as motovegas said, its your suspension settings.

good luck

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thx everyone, I'll check the fork settings.......and I'm pretty sure I set straight on my seat. Really appreciate the response. Ride safe.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Another option may be that your chain tensioners on your rear tire are a hair off from one side to the other, causing your rear wheel to essentially "dog track" which will throw you off as well.

As well, I know around here we don't have a lot of left hand ramps. So the majority of cornering is done on the right side. Wearing your tire down on the right but not on the left may account for this as well, but as you're saying the bike is pretty new, and I don't know how much "ramping" you do... might not be probable.

Just a couple things to look at. Good luck

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
One of your preload/rebound setting on your forks set differently then the other? Make sure they have the same number of clicks. Some jerk could of messed with them while your bike was parked. Also, do you sit perfectly straight on the bike or off a little to one side?
When adjusting the rebound damping force, would you suggest to turn them both in all the way clockwise then work my way out? It's not made clear in the service manual. I'm pretty good when it comes to motorcycle mechanics. I've just never had to adjust the preload on forks before. Thx

·
Registered
266 Posts
Honestly, as long as you set both all the way to one extreme or the other, you'll be good to go to make sure both are equal when you go to reset them.

Btw, there is a TON of material out there to set up (or fix) your suspension. Some of it super detailed, some of it too simple... and everything in between. But for a quick and easy read on a quick way to properly set up your suspension, check this quick read out.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thx, Moto, it looks like some good reading. Took a quick peek at it before this reply. Will let everyone know.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts