Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
I love my 07 6r. The bike handles amazing and it looks really sexy! The only thing you might miss comin from a 636 is the low end power which the new 6r has none of.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Suspension too firm, front brake too powerful, rear brake useless, riding position cramped, no low end power, screen too low, mirrors useless = absolutely love it :crazyloco

The handling is second to none, fuel injection superb and the whole package just works. Sure it's not really suited to riding in traffic on potholed roads but then what sports bike is. Regardless of where I ride it I always get off with a grin on my face - the only things that spoil it are speed limits and other people on the roads. Also very easy to ride and confidence inspiring. Don't regret getting mine for one second.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Suspension too firm, front brake too powerful, rear brake useless, riding position cramped, no low end power, screen too low, mirrors useless = absolutely love it :crazyloco
mirrors suck just replace them with plates, who uses a rear brake anyways, replace screen with DB, replace exhaust air filter power commander jumper mod and other power increasing mods will add plenty of low end power. Im 6'1 250 and ive learned to deal with the riding position so i think anyone can

this was the best purchase i have ever made

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
some questions.

I heard that they are cold blooded and need some warm up time. is that the case?

What does the owners manual say about when the temp indicator starts flashing.

With my 636 i could just roll on the throttle to pass cars and not down shift. how does this compare to the 07.

L8R

·
Registered
34 Posts
the 07 zx6 is a great bike it has no bottom power but i went down two teeth on the front sprocket and fixed that problem the bike has great bottom power now and handles great my friend has a 06 636 and it is a great bike but i like the 07 a lil better now that i have geared it down some

·
Registered
191 Posts
the 07 zx6 is a great bike it has no bottom power but i went down two teeth on the front sprocket and fixed that problem the bike has great bottom power now and handles great my friend has a 06 636 and it is a great bike but i like the 07 a lil better now that i have geared it down some
BURNING QUESTIION:blob :blob :blob ...... WHAT IS/DOES THE "SPROCKETS" DO AND HOW DOES LOWERING THEM INCREASE POWER????

·
Registered
264 Posts
BURNING QUESTIION:blob :blob :blob ...... WHAT IS/DOES THE "SPROCKETS" DO AND HOW DOES LOWERING THEM INCREASE POWER????
Technically, power output remains the same. Changing sprockets, typically say, one down in the front and three up in the back will make the bike accelerate faster however top end will suffer. Think of a 10 speed bicycle and how easy it is to accelerate in first gear, take a look at how the sprockets are sized and it might make more sence.

·
Registered
116 Posts
It doesn't increase HP. It merely allows you to adjust when the power is more available. Think of it terms like a mountain bike.

Large front sprocket/small rear sprocket = faster over long distance

Small front sprocket/large rear sprocket = will reach speeds faster, but have low top speed.

Dirt bikes have huge rear sprockets so they can accelerate very quickly.

If you look on eBay you can find "wheelie sprockets" for your bike that have 55 teeth.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
191 Posts
Nah, they're both great explanations. Only question I have now is where, and how hard is it to adjust?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Heres my opinion of my bike... as soon as I let the clutch out to leave the dealership it was quite clear that this is an all out track bike. By design, its soul purpose is to win races, so don't expect any luxury, ample storage, or extreme fuel economy. However, what you will get a rush up to its 16,500rpm redline. Cornering w/this bike is perfect to say the least. It is so tight it feels like its on rails carving the twisties and when it comes time to slow down...the race inspired petal style rotors feel like they can stop a run away train. Clutch engagement is smooth and throttle response is great thanks to fuel injection! This is a well put together bike and put in the right hands a deff track weapon. However, if you are a "weekend warrior" like me, the lack of mid range makes city driving not so entertaining and (not sure if anybody elses does this) but mine has a small vibration in lower rpm that can cause your hands to fall asleep, but all in all a small price to pay imo. sorry to threadjack a couple of posts back.

·
Registered
275 Posts
However, if you are a "weekend warrior" like me, the lack of mid range makes city driving not so entertaining and (not sure if anybody elses does this) but mine has a small vibration in lower rpm that can cause your hands to fall asleep, but all in all a small price to pay imo. sorry to threadjack a couple of posts back.
agreed, throttlemesiter bar end weights would help i think but cost too much

im not a track rider but i enjoy riding my bike like i am on a track

·
Registered
12 Posts
all i know is i smile when i turn the key, and i am still smiling when i put her back in the garage(sometimes with shakin hands)

god bless the japs

·
Registered
57 Posts
I really like mine. Although at my age I will probably go with a little more ergo-friendly bike next time.

With that said I have no complaints. It is a great bike. It handles very well, has awesome brakes and looks just plain beautiful! (Black) :crazyloco

It does fall flat on low-end but is remedied by down shifting. When you get it up to about 9,000 rpm's it will scream! But it will accelerate decent in almost any gear. I am always surprised that I don't have to downshift in high gear if I am slowed up (in traffic).

It does need a DB windscreen. The wind is harsh in interstate traffic. :banghead I am 5'-11" and have to lower my head to get out of the wind sometimes.

Overall I think it is a great bike.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Opinions!
Everyone's is going to be different!
Having ridden for a while on a few different makes I can honestly say that this machine(ignoring the little things) is by far the best.
It's light handles exceptionally well) has power ( just have to twist it a little harder) brakes: very good, looks: you decide( I happened to love it).

So all in all you will not be dissappointed even if you don't make any changes!!

Ride green!!!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
mirrors suck just replace them with plates
No thanks! As an ex-riding instructor I advocate the use of mirrors. They come in really handy for spotting other bikes carving through the same traffic as yourself.

who uses a rear brake
Me! I spend a lot of time commuting in traffic and the rear brake is used often for balance at low speed. I also use it to pull the bike into corners, stability in corners and for those emergency 'somebody just pulled out on me' situations when cranked over.

replace screen with DB
Planned!

replace exhaust air filter power commander jumper mod and other power increasing mods will add plenty of low end power
Exhaust and PCIII planned for next year. Jumper mod - not in the UK haha!

Im 6'1 250 and ive learned to deal with the riding position so i think anyone can
I can live with it (6ft, 38yrs and many aches and pains from past crashes). I love the thing and I'm sure Rikkuss would be happy with one coming from a 636, especially the handling.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Ignorance again-- I'm sorry guys.... But whats a DB???

1 - 20 of 27 Posts