Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to lower my '96 B3 about 1/2" or 13mm, front and rear. I've got about 3/4" to 1" of sag when I'm on,and handling feels good to me. Problem is, I'm not quite "flat-footed", and I'm still a little "tip-toe" when standing still. Not comfortable like that either. I'm 5'8 and 165 in street clothes and no gear on.
The rear shock top mount is all the way down and the fork tubes are flush at the top of the upper triple, basically just how the factory set it up.
Is it possible (safely) to remove the inner adjustment jam nut on the rear shock upper mount and substitute a flat washer? It's about 13mm thick and would reduce the rear height about what I need.
As for the forks. Is it possible to slide them "up" in the triples the necessary 13mm?
I've eyeballed clearances front and rear, and lowering about 13mm shouldn't allow anything hit anywhere, even at full suspension compression.
My 9 has 24K original miles and factory stock suspension, so nothing's worn out. I've got all the fairings off for paint right now and everything's easily accesible.

· Registered
2,294 Posts
you can remove the nut and washer it out.. or, get a lowering link that'll give you a 1" drop.. then drop the forks thru the clamps about 3/4" and the bike will sit nicely.

· Registered
249 Posts
if you unloosen the Allen bolts on the triple tree holding the forks you can lower the bike. also removing the spacers in the rear shock will lower the rear end.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.