Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, first off I have spent close to 3k on trying to have shops fix this. So now I'm taking a stab at it.

I checked all wiring on the bike and all circuits, came up with no shorts and all is OK there.put in a new stator,new reg/rec,new battery. It ran fine for a few days, then the reg/rec fried. I have since gone threw 4 reg/recs. This last time the clips melted together under the fuel tank. :rant ,I'm thinking its the after market rick's reg/recs that are the problem but not sure. Can anyone help? Also since the clips melted together I had to cut the wires and crimp them together, does it matter how the black wires connect from stator to reg/rec?

·
Registered
27 Posts
are you seeing 18v at the battery with a volt meter, if so I would have to suspect a short somewhere pulling the voltage somewhere making the alternator push that hard, but the reg/rectifier should control this. So I would suspect your alternator has a bad winding causing the system to call for additional voltage! For kicks disconnect or pull the lighting fuse, as that's where most of your power will be going and if that makes no difference then you can discount a bad lighting circuit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts