Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you happen to notice strange noise on ZX12, the kind of noise produced from vibrating mirror or loosely screwed bodywork component ? I mean like vibtating plastic. I have this kind of irritating stuff when opening throttle from idle and then around 4000-6000 rpm. Visual checking reveals nothing and nothing appears loosely tighten after checks. I can't figure-out what the f*** this is and it strikes my nerves... Any ideas ?

·
Registered
990 Posts
Check the cables for the headlight & indicators etc are not touching bodywork, this can cause the annoying buzz. Also control cable & brake lines.

Fix is to wrap some thin foam around them or stick some blue tack in the right places.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I will check that. I couldn't really think cables could produce such effect.

·
Registered
55 Posts
mine does the same thing , around 6000 rpm , i even lost bolts ont the batterie cover, tail section and gaz tank

·
Registered
304 Posts
Battery cover bolts, cables, winshield, "tank cover", also I've heard if you put an xtra washer where the tank connects (under the seat).
I have tightend everything I have heard of.......... 4-5k is just where they vib?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes exactly around 4000 peaking around 4500 but going away after 5500 so you have to be either under 4000 or above 5500 so as to avoid them.
looks like they come from vibrating trottle and/or clutch cables

·
Registered
34 Posts
hahaha, I thought it was just me! My Ninja buzzes exactly at 5K rpm and i found it to be the windscreen. I haven't fixed it yet, but have been looking around for some type of putty/silicone to deaden it.

any thoughts would be much appreciated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts