Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hows it goin. not sure if this is a stupid question but when im slowing down to a stop i sometimes get a vibration through the handlebars. is this just because of the wave discs??

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
front tyre has about 70% tread but rear is pretty bad. i just went for a ride then and it was doin it slowing down from 100. its only when i brake lightly tho.which is why i thought it was the wave disc, ive had a warped disc before and its not that

·
Registered
582 Posts
Yes had something like that (just an occasional perceptable shake) but it went away when the front tyre was replaced which was due anyway.
gammac

·
Registered
494 Posts
Yeah, it doesn't sound like anything to do with the braking system itself.

Make sure your wheel is still correctly balanced. You can actually do this on the bike if you want to... if you have a front lift.

Remove the brake calipers, and then spin the wheel. Mark the bottom. Then spin it again. It should stop in a different spot every time. If it does then you've got a "balanced wheel."

Otherwise just check and make sure that your weights are still attached to the wheel.

Check your tire pressures, and check for signs of uneven wear.

If you want to REALLY get into it then check for signs of uneven wear on the tires and play in the steering head bearings or fork bushings.

It's kind of scary how many things can go wrong on your bike isn't it?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
weights are still there and tyre pressures are fine and there arent any obviouse signs of uneaven wear. dunno i guess ill just keep on riding and see if it gets any worse and get it checked out then!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts