Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I know this has been talked about be for but I need ask you guys about this very load noise coming from my engine. I took my bike to a dealer than is right across the street from me, and they did my 600mil cheek up. They don’t sell Kawasaki’s but they are a very good dealer and there maintenance crew is one of the best around.

The thing is when I picked up my bike to day two of the guys that were working said that they were very concerned with the amount of noise in the engine. They suggested I took it back to the dealer and had them look at it. Well with my work schedule I did not have time to drive 1 hour to do that. I want to ask you guys if there is any think I need to be worried about. I do plan on bring my bike to Kaw dealer and having the service guy take it for a ride. Sorry to bring this up again but I am going to be so pissed if my bike is fucked up.

Another thing when I talked to the service guy they said if there was something wrong with it that it would not be under warranty.....What the FUCK is UP with THAT :thefinger :thefinger

And yes I have the extended warranty and all that shit.

Thanks Ryan

·
Registered
44 Posts
Mine makes a ton of noise one day and none the next :headscratch some days its a ticking like a lifter others its a low rumbly mechanical noise

I am pretty sure its the auto tensioner for the timing chain but eh who knows.. I guess is all normal :dunno

·
Registered
990 Posts
Need more info on the noise. Try to pinpoint where it is coming from & if at tickover, with clutch in, in gear, blipping throttle, etc....??? Did the service guys give an idea what they thought the noise might be?

Vibrations can cause noises by making handlebar levers rattle or cable rattle against each other or the bodywork. With the latter because the bodywork carries noise around the bike it can seem like engine.

As far as warranty goes unless the bike has obviously been messed about with then if there is a problem the dealer or Kawasaki have to deal with it & fix it to your satisfaction, that's how it is in the UK & I don't think north America is any different.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Maybe...you need more oil in the engine...it may not be cycling through...just a guess?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Take a phillips screwdriver and put one end of the screwdriver to any part of the engine and the other part to your ear. That way you could identify where the noise is originating from....

·
Registered
78 Posts
This is bike is very noisy but so was my gixxer. As long as the bike is noisy I would not worry its when the noise changes or the bike gets quiet you should worry.

If you are freaking out have the dealer start a new one on the show floor for you and compare the sound.

·
Registered
92 Posts
concerned??...take it back when you can...it will be under warranty if there is a problem..DON'T PLAY WITH IT!!!

·
Registered
649 Posts
Another thing when I talked to the service guy they said if there was something wrong with it that it would not be under warranty.....
I cry Bullshit!!!!!!!! Tell that mother F'er what's up! Warranty means they fix it.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I don't get the "it's not covered under warranty" statment either :headscratch What dealer would say that over the phone without knowing what the problem is to begin with. See if you can check another bike in your area or at a dealer to see if it sounds similar or what. The dealer should be able to tell right off if they're any good. Mind you; if he's the one givin' you the gears about "no warrenty", you might want to see if you can take it to another Kawi dealer. That's just F'ed up:angry

·
Registered
38 Posts
I think thats how it just. My bike is like that to super loud and sometimes i feel like its going to blow up or something from all the noise it makes. It makes quite ticking noises sometimes its loud or it sounds like its knocking weird some days it makes no noise but it always runs great so I figure its just me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a similar problem. Mine's an 06 though. I just noticed a noise yesterday and I can be a little more specific about it. It's coming from the top of the engine and it's a light to medium ticking noise that kinda comes and goes at idle and seems like it's only when it's warmed up. I was thinking valve/lifter noise but I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this on an 05/06.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have a similar problem. Mine's an 06 though. I just noticed a noise yesterday and I can be a little more specific about it. It's coming from the top of the engine and it's a light to medium ticking noise that kinda comes and goes at idle and seems like it's only when it's warmed up. I was thinking valve/lifter noise but I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this on an 05/06.
yeah thats a kawi tick..lolol
all kawis do that shit!!!
i have that and now it seems that tick is getting louder!!!:scared

·
Registered
78 Posts
Several other forums were reporting issues with the 2007 ZX-6R valve train.

I decided to call Kawi.

Yes their is an issue with some of the 2007 ZX-6R valve trains.

While most Kawi's are lound the symptom for the 2007 issue is as a very loud valve train to the point you can hear over the exhaust when around 5000 rpm.

The bike will eventually drop or eat a valve if not fixed.

Unfortunately the cams are are back order so the fix can take some time.

Kawi said the fix is 100% covered so if the dealer is screwing you around call kawi and go to another dealer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts