Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok i jus installed my undertail with led's and i notice when i turn the key on my running lights dont work!!! When i press on the brakes they work!!!

With my stock they use 2 work!!!

Anyone got a solution or a sugesstion?!!!

Thx alot

Thats not my bike but its the undertail i got...

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I had the same undertail for my 7R, and didn't have any trouble with it at all. That looks like you bought it from Piteck.

Anyway, if you're not getting lights when you turn on the key, I would say that you have a loose connection on your running light wire. Check all connections again.

If you are getting light when you brake, you're probably only seeing the brake lights and not the running lights.

That is the only suggestion that I can give you.

I also have some parts for a 7R if you're looking. Where in Canada are you?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Im 5min from Ottawa! And is it possible its because of the LED'S my running lights dont work??? and no i got my tail from Pimpbike.com the cheapest price on the net and they from BC :) Whut parts you have in spare?!!!

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
No. As I said, I had the same undertail and it worked fine.

As for parts... I have a stock tail light (which you don't need), stock exhaust pipe, targa solo seat, and Lockhart Philips Screen with green tint and green laser edge.

The solo seat was on my bike for about a month, and the screen for about 1 day.

...back to the issue. I can't see any reason why you're undertail running lights aren't working... unless it's crossed wires, or defect from manufacturer.

Keep me posted.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Crossed wired?!!! Mmmm!!! Ok it started rainning and i had 2 pack everything up!!! im gonna try tomorow!!! Do you have a pic of your solo seat? And sorry for my english im french lol! :)

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I can post up some pics tomorrow for you, or PM me an email address and I'll send em to you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok I tried 2 fix the problem!!! I think its my led's that are not good. THEY GAVE ME THOSE CHEAP 1157 LED YOU CAN BUY AT CANADIAN TIRE lol!!!

Now i know why the tail was so cheap. And the problem now is that a normal 1157 bulb dont fit!!! Mmmmm 2 big! I might have 2 do some custom work!!!

OR do you guys know any LED's thats have running lights and parking lights???!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts