Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So in an effort to make more space underneath the seat, I must ask the following:

Is the 2006 ZX14 engine computer in any way able to tell if the Fuel Vapor canister is actually working or installed and or if the catalytic convertor is bad or removed?

I see the carbon fuel canister underneath the seat (if I named it correctly) and wonder if I bypassed this would it harm or hurt the normal operating systems of the ZX14?. I would love to free up more space underneath the seat, since my aftermarket alarm module takes up some of the place my original tool box occupied

So any data on the emisions systems tweaks, removals, mods would be great...

Ted

·
Registered
57 Posts
I would like to hear about freeing up space too, as the first mod I will be making is an alarm (plan on the scorpion)... then a radar detector (legal here), hardwired GPS and some variety of inter-bike communication..

so outta that, at least 2 have parts that sit inside (excluding wiring)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I yanked out my fuel vapor canister and plugged up the one end that had the slight vacuum to it. The other end I plugged up as well, but will end up simple extending the hose length to allow for venting/fuel dumping. I now have my tool box removed and my scorpio alarm occupying have of the space my tool box once took up. My Flat repair kit fits in place of where my fuel vapor can once was. I still have space near the scorpio alarm to place other items in as well. Not much that is...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi! I'm trying to install a scorpio alarm (SR-I500) on my ZX-14 and I cant seem to locate the tail light quick disconect. I have the factory wirering for it. the signal light are easy to get at but where is the tail one.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
It's in the back of the tail light assembly as you take it off it will slip thru a hole cutout in the fender behind the ecu. should be fairly easy to find as you take it apart.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts