Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to reverse the retardation on my zx10 without the Gilpro-ATRE.
I was told that there is a way to dyno the bike and remap.... and you could un-restrict the bike. i am sure anythings possible.. i just dont know how to do it... not sure if you can do it at all without Gilpro-ATRE.......:banghead :banghead :banghead :crazyloco

·
Registered
103 Posts
remove the secondary butterflies from your bike and get a power commander to retune it for that.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Is there a way to reverse the retardation on my zx10 without the Gilpro-ATRE.
I was told that there is a way to dyno the bike and remap.... and you could un-restrict the bike. i am sure anythings possible.. i just dont know how to do it... not sure if you can do it at all without Gilpro-ATRE.......:banghead :banghead :banghead :crazyloco
Just wondering...:headscratch How come you're thinking about moving away from the GIPro? The install if fairly simple and reversible, you can turn the TRE on or off whenever you like. You have variable sensitivity settings. Plus you also get a gear indicator as a bonus :smile

Removing the secondary butterflies and then getting it tuned and remapped with the PCIII requires a considerable amount of work, time, $$$ and who knows if its reversible or not? Ivan's is also a great product but it is always on. Don't know if you use your bike as a daily ride, but there are times when having a TRE is not ideal; like riding in the city or getting stuck in traffic. If you're going to use it on the track or drag strip then having a TRE always on is probably not a factor.

If track or drag is the case then you can also consider getting the PC Iginition Module. Getting it tuned will be required for this as well as a signed waiver as this PCIII and Iginition Module can be tuned to pretty much de-restrict the bike, very pricey though. **The ignition module works on the timing curve of the bike and the TRE works on opening the secondary butterflies so the two can work together to fully enhance the performance of the bike. IMO if someone was going to do all this, the amount of money, time and tuning, it's probably easier to spend the money and get a racing ECU from kawasaki and have no restriction at all :crazyloco

Damm!! I sound like a GIPro sales person :rotflmao It's a great product so I gotta give it its dues :clap

Hey...what ever you decide to go with, just glad your riding a ZX10R :crazyloco

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just put the GiPro ATRE on my bike. It was a bit confusing to install but well worth it. I Had my bike Dyno tested before and after, and the GiPro gave me +4 horse power. :monkeyup

I would recommended the GiPro or the Power Commander (if u have the extra money).

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just put the GiPro ATRE on my bike. It was a bit confusing to install but well worth it. I Had my bike Dyno tested before and after, and the GiPro gave me +4 horse power. :monkeyup

I would recommended the GiPro or the Power Commander (if u have the extra money).
Gilpro / ATRE and power comander... or just one or the other.......

·
Registered
443 Posts
Gilpro / ATRE and power comander... or just one or the other.......
I personally would get the power commander first then the GIPRO w/ATRE so that after you install the GIPRO, you can have the bike re-mapped using the PCIII. It's not required but recommended.

Both together would rock if $$$ are available.. :evil

·
Registered
129 Posts
I just ordered a GiPro w/ ATRE last night. I already have a power commander on the bike with a map for Akra bolt-ons and a K&N filter. When I put the GiPro on will I have to get the bike custom tuned or not? If so maybe I'll wait till spring to get it dynoed. I'll just disable the timing feature and just use the gear indicator.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I just ordered a GiPro w/ ATRE last night. I already have a power commander on the bike with a map for Akra bolt-ons and a K&N filter. When I put the GiPro on will I have to get the bike custom tuned or not? If so maybe I'll wait till spring to get it dynoed. I'll just disable the timing feature and just use the gear indicator.
Whoa!! We pretty much have the same setup :evil :clap I have my GIPRO w/ATRE timing turned off too, mostly because it's my daily ride and I'm always stuck in city traffic :rant I've tried it a few times and it does give it that extra kick in the low to mid range. I don't have the $$$ right now to have the bike tuned, so I'm waiting till next year too. I've talked to the tech people at GIPRO and they said that tuning the bike after install is recommended by not required, mostly its because of the all the other mods I've done so far and the fact that I'm using the map from the PC website, which is OK but not ideal.

Also, not sure if you installed it yet or not but when you remove/relocate those pins from the connectors, be careful not to break the tabs off make sure they sit firmly on the new connectors. One of the pins on mine wasn't seated firmly causing an inconsistent electrical flow which ultimately made the bike start but not continue to run. My bike was in the shop for 2 weeks and it cause me $750.00. The shop was racking their brains out and they were even on the phone with Kawasaki because everything was checking out but I guess the pin were just loose enough that would break contact and cut the engine off. It was only by accident that one of the guys noticed that the wire was moving a little bit then once he inspected it... problem solved. It was an expensive lesson for me learn though :banghead :banghead

·
Registered
82 Posts

How the hell did u get the GiPro install as confusing?

4 wires, pull out and put in to gipro's plugs.....:banghead

1 - 12 of 12 Posts