Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thought this needed a seperate thread Sorry.....

Carole Nash Insurance were bloody ignorant about the insurance on the 1400GTR. They say they only can use two companies who are willing to quote on the bike as it still is not on their database:headscratch and they quoted me three times what ebikeinsurance quoted me. £680.00 :crackup. with £500 excess :rotflmao Plus they don't know what KIPASS is and were going to drop my last years NCB as I would have to cancel my existing policy three months before the end...Don't think I'll use Carole Nash again.:thefinger :thefinger

Anyone in the UK had similar?

·
Registered
228 Posts
I'm with Carole nash at the moment and had no major issues, got a multibike policy with them, out of curiosity where did you go to gt the cheaper quote?

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ian, Thats strange then, as I had a multibike policy from them as well which was underwritten by Norwich Union I think. They said that NU don't cover the GTR1400 yet, so they would have to cancel that and look for a quote elsewhere. hence the stupid figures.
I got my cover from eBikeinsurance online.

·
Registered
93 Posts
carol nash

Interesting about carol nash.I changed from the zzr1400 to the Gtr only last month and was already with carol nash. With 10 months of my policy to run they had difficulty finding the Gtr and gave me a quote of £249 to upgrade to the end of the policy. WHAT??????? I rang them the next day and asked how much I would get back If I cancelled the policy with ten months to run and they said £216. The same guy on the phone told me to hang on and within 2 minutes he came back to me and said he could do it for £47. Yes only £47 so how the hell did they come to £249 the day before. I still have the same excess as the zzr1400 and the benefits. The only thing that's changed is the reg number. I think if you argue your point you will get a better deal,these companies will just pluck a figure out of the sky if you let them i'm sure.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I am also with Carole Nash but it took a fair bit of hassle and several phone calls to sort out. I told the guy about the KIPASS and he said that was ok .
I also quibbled over the cost but was told as the bike was not on their database they would have to class it as an R1!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Wow and I thought I had it bad. The first call to my insurance they wanted more than my 06 1000RR. Then the lady called back and asked what type of bike it was and she said oh then I can put you in another category/group.

Next thing you know my insurance was down from 1200 usd to 412 a year.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After telling Carole Nash to "walk away slowly in short sharp sexually explicit movements" I got a proposal in the post today for a silly figure and thanking me for asking for a qote on my HARLEY DAVIDSON FLHTCUI :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao Nothing agains Harleys guys but:banghead. Glad their phone number is 0800 and free. As JohnD had some success I might bother them again just for the hell of it and try and get a better quote before I commit to Ebike. I have a bit of time as I shall be picking my GTR up on Sept 1st.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts