Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It's new to me and I've driven abut 450 miles since I've owned it in the last 2 months. Had a full Kawasaki annual service last month. Due to the icy weather it's sat unused for the last 3 weeks.

Put the key in, all the lights illuminate as usual. No obvious codes or swinging needle warnings. Turn on the stop engine switch, NO fuel pump priming. Try to start, NO attempt to turn over, no solenoid engaging. Checked the battery voltage, 11.8v.

Removed the battery and put it on charge overnight. Fully charged now and replaced, but today it does the same, nothing.

I found an extra connection for a battery tender that I don't own so I've removed that. There's an LED in the left fairing but my dealer tells me it's not connected to anything, I asked them to check on the service. No power commanders, no electrical extras that I can see.

I'm about to check the fuses, see if there's anything blown, but are there any common faults for this bike? Any immobiliser issues? It has the common oil leak from the cam cover but that shouldn't be causing an issue. I have all 3 keys, the red one too. In fact, I'll try it to see if that helps. Thanks.

PS, is this the correct forum? Better in another?

[Edit 1] No fuses blown, no warning messages. While ignition is off red led flashes normally, once per 3 seconds. Battery voltage 12.3v. Tried all 3 keys, no change. Waiting for new battery.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Final update, it's working now, thank fuck. It was the kill switch.

I'm guessing because of the low mileage it hasn't been flicked that much over the years, but I stripped it off of the bars, cleaned it with spray contact cleaner and success, a running engine. New battery wasn't really needed it seems but hey, it's future proofing things.

Thanks folks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts