Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got back from a ride today and noticed had water dripping from underneath bike..sucks cause I had just put my plastics back on yesterday after I got done doing some servicing and stuff etc. :banghead probably just the Oring down there...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hey bud, if it's anything like mine it's leaking from the weld. They had several different versons of this pipe. They pretty much welded it together. I guess of the years the weld let loose and dtarted to leak on mine. I think it's on on E-bay right now pretty cheap. Kawa wants $80 for the simple pipe. I couldn't give into to it so I purchased some heater hose from Advance Auto. I slipped the hose around the metal pipe then placed a hose clamp at each end of it so coolant wouldn't leak past it. Total cost of repair was $2.87 plus coolant but I already had that. Now would be a good time to flush that coolant system is well....Good luck.....To add, I may replace the pipe latre on down the road but I haven't had any problems. The repair was made 5k miles agao now.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea I kinda figured it might not be just the oring after looking at it again..looks like it is at weld... So I think I might go ahead and do what you did for now, spent enough on Chain and sprockets for bike allready this month lol..thanks for tip J

1 - 3 of 3 Posts