Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the package came in 10/18/06 and man i was so excited to get home and install it. It was shipped to work, I opened it there and couldn't really do anything with it except take pictures of it. Then I got it home and took more pictures...haha. The install manual said it would take 1 hour 30 mins to install. But I knew it was going to take me longer because i'm new to motorcycles and I wanted to take my time and make sure everything was done correctly. I started at 7:00pm and was done by 11:30pm. I fired her up let her idle to warm up and my first reaction was that my bike sounded like a WRX STI. Then I finally got on the bike and started driving out of the neighborhood and this thing is LOUD! I wasn't gunning it or anything...just going 20mph out of the neighborhood but it was still loud. I finally got to some open streets and let her loose, there was definitely some difference in performance, I could feel it pull a whole lot more. My dad was riding with me and he said that when I got into the high RPM's it sounded like a Formula 1 race car. I love doing low-RPM rev's and rev matching, i think the bike sounds really mean when I do that. The bike seems to run a little hotter with the new exhaust, maybe it's because the exhaust is making it run lean? I really have no idea. But it made my bike look so much better! That stock exhaust looks like a spaceship after i took it off. It's really cool how the gold on the exhaust matches all the gold that's on the bike. Ok well here are the pictures..... i'll try to add a video next week so you guys can hear it.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Nice job. Looks hot. Congrats on the new pipes. I want to flip mine out, but can't decide on which to go with for the 10. :(

Oh well, I continue to look and listen.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Man, that thing just looks sick. You ever head out to HB for bike nights? I'll probably be out there tonight along with a buddy of mine that has an R1 somtime betwen 8:30 and 9.

IL

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
RizinSun said:
Man, that thing just looks sick. You ever head out to HB for bike nights? I'll probably be out there tonight along with a buddy of mine that has an R1 somtime betwen 8:30 and 9.

IL

Nope i've never been to a bike meet, I'm pretty new at riding. I just noticed you're not too far from me....im in mission viejo

·
Registered
31 Posts
yeah, it's not to far away. I actually just started too as well, took my msf back in June, practiced on a '03 CBR RR for about a month and a half, and then picked up my '05 636. Been lovin' it ever since. hahah I even sold my car, so the bike is pretty much my daily. You should try to hit up a Bike night when you get a chance. Get to meet some motorcycle enthusiasts, as well as good food, and also a lot of bikes.

IL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts