Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my ZX14 and I hooked up with a old friend of mine, he rides a busa,....anyway,,,,up north of sacramento in the foothills there are some nice canyon roads...twistys as I call them...me being the new rider and all..said its time to take it low...and semi slow in the turns..

For the entire 120 miles we road on this day..the bike behaved bitchen...
My stomach is sore from all the action needed to lean her & love her into and out of the corners..and the long sweeping turns at 100mph(+) were oh so fine to cruise thru...I must say...the tight turns were somewhat harsh..but then again..I need to lean it more..(sure wish my feet were not a size 13, although they do provide a sure way to feel how far leaned you are..as well as if the ground is smooth or rough)...I dont think thats what boots and toes are for anyway...what a great ride on the zx it was..

I cant wait for next weeks ride.....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey, i wear a 15 and don't scrub toes...need to ride on the balls of your feet, especially when you're carving. Glad you had a blast...you'll find that the more you 'safely' push it, the more it asks for in the turns.

·
Registered
57 Posts
+1....

Balls of the feet for carving... Instep (or arch or whatever it's called) is OK for normal, city commuting... makes it easier to cover the back brake~

·
Registered
11 Posts
Get a stomp grip for your tank. That will give you the ability to grip with your knees and take the stress off your arms and back.. I also installed a GPR steering dampner (which really helps the stability) in the sweepers..I instlled mine because I took the Flies out and got a PCIII with a custom map and it now pulls the front end off the ground very easily He He HE! I have mine set on 3 1/2 This is s heavy and powerful machine It will not handle like an R1 but it is much more comfortable and more fun for most activities you can do on a motorcycle.. <M>

·
Registered
71 Posts
Markvic,
You wouldn't happen to have a link for that dampner would you? I also pulled the flies, yoshi full exhaust PCIII, and dyno tuned when I was in Germany.
The bike is super responsive and has as much power as Bill Gates has money, but I've had a little too much "head shake" when accelerating out of corners when the front end gets light.
I also took it to the Nurnberg ring and smoked alot of the litre bikes (riders) and always out accelerated them on the straights. It was fun, but I enjoy my 10 much more on the track than the 14, but there is nothing that compares to the 14 on the autobahn!!

·
Registered
266 Posts
but I've had a little too much "head shake" when accelerating out of corners when the front end gets light.
Man, you experience head shake on your 14? Hmm, wonder what that is about. I never had any. Not even a little, even before I put a damper on it. When I finally did put on a GPR Stabilizer it gave me a more solid, sure feeling. Like I said, I never had any headshake but the damper did increase my confidence level quite a bit. I did track the 14 once, and even there I never saw even a hint of head shake... then again, I tracked the 14 after I installed the GPR.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts