Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to give TURBO329 a shot-out, B/c of him I was able to give my local bike shop a big middle finger. After bending me over for the same job 3 times to the tune of $500. I been on this forum countless times going over carb cleaning/maintenance/tuning treads, trying to get a proper understand on the factory installed 38mm Keihin CVKD36 carbs. utilized on P3 7r's. Shyte, as inexperienced newbie to carbs I might as we be reading Braille. However, I know it is an old video, but my man Turbo you were right on time,
, b/c he made this task at had understandable to a newbie, I was able to get the job done, Turbo329 You ROCK.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I agree. I subscribe to his YouTube channel and it's a mix of ZX7R, ZX9R, other bikes and racetrack days. I first started following his channel a while back when he did a rebuild of his ZX7R after the fateful and well-known failure of the camchain rubber breaking and entering the engine and causing all sorts of havoc. His collection of videos on sorting out this issue are worth watching from the beginning.

BTW. If you haven't checked the state of that little rubber fucker inside your camchain cover for a while then do so now! Around 2 weeks ago I was checking the valve clearances and discovered that the rubber camchain guide had split at one of the fixing holes. Lucky for me it hadn't made its way into the engine but split in 2 as I removed the cover. It's rubber and hardens with time due to the hot oil and once hard becomes prone to cracking at the 2 circular stress raisers, and ultimately fractures in two, enters the engine and end of story.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
I Love you guys too! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts