Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to say thanks to Turbo for the great deal on the tires, better than expected and overall a 10/10... 5 stars... etc... :rofl

Thanks again Nate for the deal!!... the project is back on track!!

stand up guy! and everyone who doesnt already know, should!! :crazyloco

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Thanks for the props.

Before I took the tires to the post office I heard this little voice in my head say "Yo Turbo! You sure you want to send these tires away??? They're barely scrubbed in!" hahahahahahaha

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they look great man... going to peel of what i can by hand and the run 60 grit to knock more loose... then run the pressure low like you had suggested.

6 business days... that some pretty quick shipping too...

Rims are off the the Painter today hopefully...

work on stripping the bike more tonight...

Im surprised no one chimed in on this thread...

aslong as they know...

and you will have to keep me posted when you are headed to calabogie... hopefully i will have my track bike together for that one...

·
Registered
205 Posts
having you wheels powder coated? what color? I had mine done a couple weeks ago. gloss black. the chrome was peeling inside and out causing the tires to leak at the bead. couldn't afford the 575 for chrome. powder coat was only 250.

·
Registered
162 Posts
yeah.. Turbo help me alot with my project. giving me advice. his vids on the track are great also. great to have him on the forum. hell of a guy....

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
having you wheels powder coated? what color? I had mine done a couple weeks ago. gloss black. the chrome was peeling inside and out causing the tires to leak at the bead. couldn't afford the 575 for chrome. powder coat was only 250.
no PC unfortunately...

the prob is I want my rims to match the paint perfectly and I would never achieve that with PC...

Plus any of the guys that do PC wanted $180 to do it, plus because my color was modified they wanted another $160 for the mix, plus I would have to pull my bearings (which only have about 5,000km on them)

so needless to say at $340 plus all new bearings... so $500 for PC!! NO WAY!!

Ive got a friend of the family who is just up the road (not even a km) and he is gunna do it for $200 complete strip and lots of clear and also mix me a quart of extra (to paint my bike)... all in PPG... so I am happy there :rolleyes

·
Premium Member
3,530 Posts
yeah.. Turbo help me alot with my project. giving me advice. his vids on the track are great also. great to have him on the forum. hell of a guy....
+1

Helped me out with some suspension tuning tips.

Probably one of the few people on this forum who can truly ride his bike like it was designed to be ridden, with the visual evidence to back it up.:evil

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Thanks guys. I'm trying not to blush. :crackup

Speaking of visual evidence, I know I posted in my build thread but since this thread is about me I'll be the good lil Attention Whore that I am and re-post my latest compilation. :lol

If we could just have one good get-together I'm sure I could make some epic video.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts