· Registered
4,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Enjoy!

· Registered
4,023 Posts
quickly ran through it!! fuckin eh!!

Looks like a great track to run on...

You had much cleaner lines than that gixxer... only thing that kept him ahead was his power advantage after the corner... you had him all around from what I can tell

· Registered
4,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
quickly ran through it!! fuckin eh!!

Looks like a great track to run on...

You had much cleaner lines than that gixxer... only thing that kept him ahead was his power advantage after the corner... you had him all around from what I can tell
That was the BMW S1000RR.

I was riding lazy and didn't downshift coming out of turn 11 that's why he pulled me. His tires were shot, but then again so were mine.

· Registered
4,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice vid man looks like fun :)

I was following your build thread before this. Are you going to do any more stuff to your bike?

How did you find the changes you made to your bike?
I'll be finishing up the new bodywork and probably a custom carbon fiber gas tank.

I'm also mulling over hi-compression pistons. I want to run the bike at my home track first before I go into the motor though. It gets off the corner pretty good now.

More vid to come!!!

· Registered
165 Posts
Turbo, you were just toying with him! You could have passed him all day in turns 4-14!

He only had you on the straight from turns 1-3 because you kinda rolled out and he blasted thru it.

Nice riding man :clap

· Registered
4,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Turbo, you were just toying with him! You could have passed him all day in turns 4-14!

He only had you on the straight from turns 1-3 because you kinda rolled out and he blasted thru it.

Nice riding man :clap
Yeah I could've passed him a few times for sure.

My tires were going and I was trying to conserve them so I rolled out of turns 1-3 in third gear instead of downshifting to 2nd and getting maximum thrust.

When I put up the other vid you'll see me making more passes.

· Registered
7,375 Posts
Hahaha,awesome editing Turbo,love the music.
Awesome run,looks good.

· Registered
7,375 Posts

· Registered
78 Posts
That was the BMW S1000RR.

I was riding lazy and didn't downshift coming out of turn 11 that's why he pulled me. His tires were shot, but then again so were mine.
carry more corner speed to the outside edge of 10 coming back inside on 11 holding it wide open on the exit of 11 laying black stripes to the outside edge again aiming low on 12 and don't let off the throttle(same in turn 2). If you aim at all those red dots in the turns you will get faster and work on entry speed, don't let up till the 3 marker(start/finish you were off the gas). you look good for only being at that track 2 times or so. I'm close to Jennings and rode there a lot with the owner and a bunch of private days years ago. Looks like about a 28-30 lap time?? Riding that bicycle and weight loss helped a TON huh? Breathing is better, riding is better. go to a track day when a suspension guy is there to help with set up, good for a few secs at this time, harder to drop time when you get below 24s there. looked good and had fun, that's what's important is coming home with everything in one piece( I'm not always that lucky :crackup )

· Registered
6,392 Posts
outstanding video !!

Is it not polite to pass a control rider?

I've followed one, but i'm not very fast anyway. That seemed like a long session. Was that on a weekday? Both of you looked very consistent out there. What would estimate your average lap time? Last time I rode jennings, there were a few too many crashes and a couple ambulance rides for some.

Thanks for some great entertainment, bro.

· Registered
4,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
carry more corner speed to the outside edge of 10 coming back inside on 11 holding it wide open on the exit of 11 laying black stripes to the outside edge again aiming low on 12 and don't let off the throttle(same in turn 2). If you aim at all those red dots in the turns you will get faster and work on entry speed, don't let up till the 3 marker(start/finish you were off the gas). you look good for only being at that track 2 times or so. I'm close to Jennings and rode there a lot with the owner and a bunch of private days years ago. Looks like about a 28-30 lap time?? Riding that bicycle and weight loss helped a TON huh? Breathing is better, riding is better. go to a track day when a suspension guy is there to help with set up, good for a few secs at this time, harder to drop time when you get below 24s there. looked good and had fun, that's what's important is coming home with everything in one piece( I'm not always that lucky :crackup )
Thanks for the tips. It was super windy out there and that really killed our lap times. With the camera on the bike that was about 29-30 like you said. With the camera off the bike I was in the 27s just because I was able to move around more and I wasn't concentrating on it. hahahahaha.

Not making excuses but it was a lot of firsts for me. First time with a Penske, first time with the Bridgestones, first time with lighter wheels, first time at my new 195lb weight, and first time there since about 2007 so I just wanted to get comfortable and be consistent. We had a great time. I'm going to save your pointers and give them a shot next time I get back there. Thanks.

· Registered
4,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
outstanding video !!

Is it not polite to pass a control rider?

I've followed one, but i'm not very fast anyway. That seemed like a long session. Was that on a weekday? Both of you looked very consistent out there. What would estimate your average lap time? Last time I rode jennings, there were a few too many crashes and a couple ambulance rides for some.

Thanks for some great entertainment, bro.
Thanks man.

This was just this past Monday with Absolute Cycle. Only 20 riders per group. There was sooo much space out there. I was there all weekend but didn't get to ride much on Saturday due to setup issues in the morning and the tragedy in the afternoon.

· Registered
4,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I wish I had a Contour Camera. I was passing guys up the inside of 5 and coming out of 6 like there was no tomorrow. I even passed on the inside of 10 going into 11 after I saw a racer do it in a CCS video. hahahahahahahaha

I was almost 'Elbow down' in turn 1. I'm bummed that we didn't have a track photographer there.

· Premium Member
3,526 Posts
Simply awesome vid Turbo. You really had that girl pegged.

The only thing that was missing from the vid intro was "your mission, should you choose to accept". :lol

Would it be cool with you if I posted this on FB? I want to show a couple buddies of mine. There are a bunch of 7r nay-sayers where I come from (Gixxerville, PA) who need to get their shit straight. :evil

· Registered
4,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Simply awesome vid Turbo. You really had that girl pegged.

The only thing that was missing from the vid intro was "your mission, should you choose to accept". :lol

Would it be cool with you if I posted this on FB? I want to show a couple buddies of mine. There are a bunch of 7r nay-sayers where I come from (Gixxerville, PA) who need to get their shit straight. :evil
Yeah man! Post away. I hope it goes viral. :rofl

· Registered
4,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

· Registered
4,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.